NBA lays out gambling plan, wants cut of bets

YoloinOhio

In Ontario the Sports Lottery would put out the weekly offers on over/under and spread for the NBA.

it was very easy taking advantage of injuries and "rest days" as the week wound down

when teams were given to Toronto and Vancouver part of the arrangement was ending the NBA's portion of the Lottery

it was a lot easier when the geniuses kept the betting action alive not realizing soccer games in England had already finished

As a gambler, not sure how I feel about this. 1% to the NBA, you know the states and the feds are going to want a piece.at minimum 1% , but lost likely 8-10%..all of a sudden it gets hard to make a profit..be interesting to see if it did go legal if the fees would still drive most to use offshore books with no fees.

If they pulled this off, how long before the other major sports follow? Everybody is always looking for new revenue streams....

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

In Ontario the Sports Lottery would put out the weekly offers on over/under and spread for the NBA.

it was very easy taking advantage of injuries and "rest days" as the week wound down

when teams were given to Toronto and Vancouver part of the arrangement was ending the NBA's portion of the Lottery

it was a lot easier when the geniuses kept the betting action alive not realizing soccer games in England had already finished

Did they not see The Sting???

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

As a gambler, not sure how I feel about this. 1% to the NBA, you know the states and the feds are going to want a piece.at minimum 1% , but lost likely 8-10%..all of a sudden it gets hard to make a profit..be interesting to see if it did go legal if the fees would still drive most to use offshore books with no fees.

Betting 120/100 on a standard bet. I'd stay using offshore. 

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

If they pulled this off, how long before the other major sports follow? Everybody is always looking for new revenue streams....

Did they not see The Sting???

it was a Boxing Day slate in the Premier League, I'm sure a few people cashed in nicely on that one.

NBA is a nightmare for gambling with players naturally tanking their game half the time or sitting out for Daddy’s Little Princess rest at the last minute.

It’s like Week 17 of the NFL can arise any game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Point spread in hoops is the easiest thing to rig in sports 

For sure.  That's why it would be a death blow for me.  NBA is my second favorite sport to the nfl.  Gonna have a hard time convincing myself it's all legit if they have a financial interest in gambling.  I already struggle with the idea that billion dollar organizations are run on the up and up but this would be difficult to overlook.  How long before we have our own serie a scandal?