Newly Released Jimi Hendrix

TakeYouToTasker

Are session guys playing Mitch Mitchell and Billy cox or Noel Redding parts now. A lot of overdubbing here I wonder

Eddie Kramer involved 

Tracks were recorded with the band of Gypsys and Johnny winter and Steven stills. 

On 1/23/2018 at 1:21 PM, Helpmenow said:

Are session guys playing Mitch Mitchell and Billy cox or Noel Redding parts now. A lot of overdubbing here I wonder

Eddie Kramer involved 

Tracks were recorded with the band of Gypsys and Johnny winter and Steven stills. 

No overdubbing when produced by Kramer. Unlike Alan Douglas the cat has strict morals. 

Unless something was held back I am not aware of. The Johnny Winter session is a jam in an apartment in the West village. It has circulated for decades. Ditto Stills and  the Jim Morrison drunken jam. 

Sure it's a $$$ grab by a step sister he never met. Who cares these versions while many released before are different takes.

Still to come when huge legal hurdles are cleared by the estate of Chas Chandler is music never heard before. none of it.  There is massive amounts of money and the legal battle has been going on for over 10 years. Chas owned the rights By the Experience taped before the "Are you experienced album"  They are the original Experience memebers. Chas chandlers  estate could care less if they ever see the light of day. Chas also said as much before his untimely death. So "Experience Hendrix" unless that b***h writes a massive check those recordings are in a vault. 

On 1/23/2018 at 11:12 AM, TheElectricCompany said:

Anyone remember the Dave Chapelle skit about new songs from Tupac? 

"I wrote this song in 94....". 

Funny ****. Jimi's estate is sure milking it. 

Kind of off topic, but I remember when Howard Sterns Private Parts came out and he said he wanted to play a Jimi Hendrix song during the scene when he was smoking a joint in his room, but the estate refuses to allow his music to be used for any situation involving drugs.

Edited by RaoulDuke79