Seriously? They have to do this in Philly?

PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I bet they have a holding facility...hell syracuse has one in the carrier dome.

Shhhh... I have a narrative. ;)

My brother's friend tried to jump the fence and get into Rich years ago.  He had a ticket... Just seeing if he could do it.  They swarmed on him like stink on sh..., ugly on an ape, the PoPo/Security stick to him like static cling, a cheap suit... In all the wrong places.  We told him not to do it.  Quite impressive the response for back in the day.

What a nut, thought he could then flash the ticket...:lol:

They hauled him off to OP... Had to bail him out. He missed the game.  He had a perfectly fine ticket.

But, that was 30 years ago. :D

I'm pretty sure it's been widely documented, for many years now, that Philadelphia sports fans are close to being the lowest form of human life on the planet.

I personally put them 1 notch above your typical Bronx shithole Yankee fan.  You know, that loudmouth NYC sewer rat type that should be exterminated.

Edited by Fadingpain

Philly is pretty bad sports-fan wise.  I get all stadiums see fan on fan violence at times... but at Philly sporting events, there is a large number who take pride in being violent to opposing fans.  

I was at a Philly/LA NLCS game once and saw an old man, maybe 70 years old in a dodgers jacket getting physically pushed around and intimidated by a group of 20-somethings in a bathroom.  

There is also a level of 'bailing' when a team is down and latching onto the hot/good team(s).  Check out the Phillies attendance.  

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Philly is pretty bad sports-fan wise.  I get all stadiums see fan on fan violence at times... but at Philly sporting events, there is a large number who take pride in being violent to opposing fans.  

I was at a Philly/LA NLCS game once and saw an old man, maybe 70 years old in a dodgers jacket getting physically pushed around and intimidated by a group of 20-somethings in a bathroom.  

There is also a level of 'bailing' when a team is down and latching onto the hot/good team(s).  Check out the Phillies attendance.  

City of Brotherly Love?

Sure they don't have "Defiance Disorder" after being told to love the next guy since their inception?  

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm pretty sure it's been widely documented, for many years now, that Philadelphia sports fans are close to being the lowest form of human life on the planet.

I personally put them 1 notch above your typical Bronx shithole Yankee fan.  You know, that loudmouth NYC sewer rat type that should be exterminated.

What about Boston fans?  This is the 500 anniversary of the Protestant Reformation.  They are the Protestants, Yankee fans the Catholics.

The Protestants won, got everything Martin Luther wanted... Can't they all be Catholics again?

14 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Disagree. Been to many Philly team games. Nothing ever happened that I haven't seen at New Era. Worst experience is that one time I was with my teenage daughter and we were in a crowd of Bills fans. Watkins caught a long TD and we all jumped up and high fived. Nothing obnoxious. Some fan threw a beer at all of us. My daughter got splashed. I turned around and challenged the guy for throwing a beer at a kid. 

The fan base all around us, all Eagles fans, verbally attacked the guy into a shell. When we were leaving (after Bills lost!), the guy came into the aisle, grabbed my hand, and personally apologized. 

Are there knuckleheads? Yes, everywhere. But Eagles fans are OK. They clearly aren't Vikings, Packers, or Chiefs fans but they are fine if you're not a jerk, ie, Cowboys fan. 

• Like (+1) 1