Seriously? They have to do this in Philly?

PromoTheRobot

You never watched the "Lavern & Shirley" episode where they go to NYC?

Been happening forever:

http://www.thegamebeforethemoney.com/goalposts/

"..The goal posts made their NFL debut in 1967, with all teams bought in. Super Bowl 3 was the first Super Bowl to sport the new posts. Rottman sold his idea to the Rose Bowl for the 1971 Grandaddy of them All, but with one stipulation.

The Rose Bowl didn’t want to spend $1,775 on goal posts only to see them tore down at the end of the game. Rottman guaranteed his goal posts would endure. When jubilant fans spilled onto the field after Jim Plunkett led Stanford to a 27-17 victory over Ohio State, they were in for a big surprise.

Rottman coated the goal posts with STP motor oil. Not even the brilliant Stanford kids could figure out ways to topple the slippery goal posts...."

show me others from yesterday....from all reports i have read it was a very peaceful day of fun for Eagles fans....and this wasn't even a fight like the video was titled...it was a couple idiots wasting perfectly good beer....

and for the record, i have NOT become an Eagles fan because i have been living in the area, still can't stand them.  I was quietly rooting for MN, but I find the stereotypes of Philly fans to be based on a couple of incidents from a few decades ago.  I have had nothing but pleasant experiences being around philly sports fans.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

If you really believe that's one incident, and not a smaller indication of many incidents, I'm not sure what I can tell you.

Edited by The Poojer

2 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

show me others from yesterday....from all reports i have read it was a very peaceful day of fun for Eagles fans....and this wasn't even a fight like the video was titled...it was a couple idiots wasting perfectly good beer....

Do  your own homework sue :P

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/21/vikings-fans-put-up-with-eagles-fans-antics-for-once-in-a-lifetime-trip-to-philadelphia/

There's an article for you.

I bet they have a holding facility...hell syracuse has one in the carrier dome.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Do the Bills have a jail in the basement of New Era?

I rest my case.  Filthadelphia fans would get to cozy at the O.Park jail.