Shutdown 2018

B-Man

Some reasons Dems might push for another shutdown when CR expires in three weeks.

mc-1.jpg

According to a POLITICO/Morning Consult poll conducted Saturday and Sunday, a combined 48 percent of respondents said President Donald Trump (34 percent) and Republicans in Congress (15 percent) were to blame for the shutdown — more than the 35 percent who said congressional Democrats bore most of the blame.

And a majority, 53 percent, thought Trump hadn’t done enough to bring the parties together — compared with 29 percent who thought Trump had done enough.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/22/government-shutdown-blame-trump-republicans-democrats-357357

Don't kill the messenger and I don't care if you believe in polls or not.  Politicians do.

All the shutdown talk makes this run through my head:

It's alright if you love me
It's alright if you don't
I'm not afraid of you runnin' away
Honey, I get the feelin', you won't

There is no sense in pretendin'
Your eyes give you away
Somethin' inside you is feelin' like I do
We've said all there is to say

Shutdown, honey go ahead and give it to me,
Shutdown, honey take me tonight,
Shutdown, I'm standin' hear can't you see,
Shutdown, it's all right, it's all right,

(You're welcome, DC Tom)

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Some reasons Dems might push for another shutdown when CR expires in three weeks.

mc-1.jpg

According to a POLITICO/Morning Consult poll conducted Saturday and Sunday, a combined 48 percent of respondents said President Donald Trump (34 percent) and Republicans in Congress (15 percent) were to blame for the shutdown — more than the 35 percent who said congressional Democrats bore most of the blame.

And a majority, 53 percent, thought Trump hadn’t done enough to bring the parties together — compared with 29 percent who thought Trump had done enough.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/22/government-shutdown-blame-trump-republicans-democrats-357357

Don't kill the messenger and I don't care if you believe in polls or not.  Politicians do.

That poll doesn't state what the obvious facts of the situation are.  God Americans are !@#$ing stupid.

16 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No way. Couldn't afford to. A 19 yr old with a $1,200 Michael korrs bag, Louboutins and driving a Mercedes is out of demographic. 

Just remember the moral of this story:

A horse and a chicken are playing in a meadow. The horse falls into a mud hole and is sinking. He calls to the chicken to go and get the farmer to help pull him out to safety. The chicken runs to the farm but the farmer can't be found. So he drives the farmer's Mercedes back to the mud hole and ties some rope around the bumper. He then throws the other end of the rope to his friend, the horse, and drives the car forward saving him from sinking! A few days later, the chicken and horse were playing in the meadow again and the chicken fell into the mud hole. The chicken yelled to the horse to go and get some help from the farmer. The horse said, "I think I can stand over the hole!" So he stretched over the width of the hole and said, "Grab for my 'thingy' and pull yourself up." And the chicken did and pulled himself to safety.

The moral of the story:

If you are hung like a horse, you don't need a Mercedes to pick up chicks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Small world. But I met one of chick Schumer's sugar babies the other night. And saw proof. ???

She's 19

A hand me down from his protege because she got too old?

• Haha (+1) 1