Shutdown 2018

B-Man

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I love all the reporting that says the Senate couldn't get 60 votes to pass the bill.

It doesn't take 60 votes to pass a bill.  It takes 50.  A simple majority.  It takes 60 to break the Democratic filibuster.  

Do you think McConnell would go nuclear with five Dems on board and four Republicans against the CR?

Edited by Doc Brown

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Do you think McConnell would go nuclear with five Dems on board and four Republicans against the CR?

No, I think he's happy to let the Democrats swing for this, for now.  

I happen to agree with one of Trump's tweets on the matter: a temporary spending resolution is no place for a permanent legislation of DACA.  I'm pretty sure the Democrats could get that passed on its own merits through the Senate, and Trump might even sign it, depending on who he'd talked to before it was put in front of him.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

No, I think he's happy to let the Democrats swing for this, for now.  

I happen to agree with one of Trump's tweets on the matter: a temporary spending resolution is no place for a permanent legislation of DACA.  I'm pretty sure the Democrats could get that passed on its own merits through the Senate, and Trump might even sign it, depending on who he'd talked to before it was put in front of him.

Asian carp are dreamers too!  They are swimming north right now!

Shut us down Trumpster! <_<

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Timing is everything... gotta tip the cap right now to Trump's team. This is just my 30,000 foot view of things:

1) The Dems just did exactly what the GOP did to them in 2013 - which exposes everyone on the left who was against the shutdown then (politicians and supporters) as being hypocrites. Those are EASY campaign adds to cut. 

Bad look, Chuck. Bad look. 

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

Just look in the mirror and say it loud..Im a proud republican, Trump is a big idiot.  

If Trump is an idiot then all the other politicians who have a hand in this crap are the dumbest MF's on the planet.

Let's make no mistake about this. The Republicans are attempting to throw hundreds of thousands of people out of the country in this fight. The Dreamers are people with jobs, in the military and in college, they would all be threatened with deportation. 

Yes, I get many of you want us to follow the Nazi tactic of making it so unpleasant that people are pushed out. The majority of Americans are not like that. It's funny that it's the pro-lifers that are pursuing this tactic 

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Let's make no mistake about this. The Republicans are attempting to throw hundreds of thousands of people out of the country in this fight. The Dreamers are people with jobs, in the military and in college, they would all be threatened with deportation. 

Yes, I get many of you want us to follow the Nazi tactic of making it so unpleasant that people are pushed out. The majority of Americans are not like that. It's funny that it's the pro-lifers that are pursuing this tactic 

Dem talking points I see.... Aren't your dreamers kids? So then tell me, how do they have jobs or college? 

Oops....

But then, maybe your referring to the kids parents? Who brought them here illegally? But isn't it still a federal crime to hire an illegal? So again, how do they have jobs?

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Get a damn budget in place first and one that really scrutinizes and right-sizes the spending side.  Deal with DACA, border security and immigration policy separately and later. 

Hey !.........get that common sense out of here !............................

Here's what needs to happen:

"If stalemate continues, Republicans should go to 51% (Nuclear Option) and vote on real, long term budget, no C.R.’s!"

Great to see how hard Republicans are fighting for our Military and Safety at the Border. The Dems just want illegal immigrants to pour into our nation unchecked. If stalemate continues, Republicans should go to 51% (Nuclear Option) and vote on real, long term budget, no C.R.’s!

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4710278/senator-mcconnell-objects-military-pay-protection

Here's a video of Mitch McConnell objecting to an amendment proposed by a democratic senator to continue funding the military during this shut down. 

Did you read what she was trying to get passed? Or just watch this clip. Because what she was trying to get passed was more than just military funding.

The dems are asking Americans to choose between supporting our military or supporting people who are not citizens. It's a bad look. They overplayed their hand.