RIP Chef

Chef Jim

No not me.  You'll all have to hold off on the celebrating for now

I never had the pleasure of meeting him however I have worked with a few that have and he sounded like my kind of guy. He has a passion for food and life but never took it too seriously.  So here's a toast to you mon Chef!  You inspired thousands of us over the years.  

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42758189

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

RIP

can you cook as good as he was?

I can cook about as good as he can now. ?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Actually I never liked French Cooking but RIP.

Food, like music is subjective. However having said that what do you consider as French Food?  

36 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I can cook about as good as he can now. ?

Food, like music is subjective. However having said that what do you consider as French Food?  

Crepes  and good wine.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

My wife and I had the distinct pleasure of dining in his restaurant outside of Lyon, France in 2015. It was absolutely phenomenal.

We did not have the Bresse Chicken - it would have been too much to eat at one sitting. 

He has a special place in culinary history. 

He lived above this restaurant and frequently would visit the diners. He was not well when we were there, so we didn't get to meet him. 

It was an unforgettable evening. 

RIP Monsieur Paul 

On 1/20/2018 at 10:16 AM, Chef Jim said:

No not me.  You'll all have to hold off on the celebrating for now

I never had the pleasure of meeting him however I have worked with a few that have and he sounded like my kind of guy. He has a passion for food and life but never took it too seriously.  So here's a toast to you mon Chef!  You inspired thousands of us over the years.  

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42758189

If I ever get A Round Tu-it, I'll edit the pics we took that day and post them here someplace. 

It was like going to Disneyland for adults. You'll be amazed and delighted if you go. 

And I won't offer suggestions on the menu. Though I did have the rack of lamb and my wife had the tenderloin.

Seriously memorable evening.