20 cities finalists for Amazon HQ

32 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Maybe it's because I have such a dim view of Atlanta as the biggest meh city in the country, but I don't see the virtues in being down there. what's your thinking on Atlanta?

I am thinking it's going to around the DC area, with so many VA, MD, and DC contenders left. 

Just a hunch.  Huge international airport.  Good infrastructure.  Lots of universities.  I also heard that they offered up a huge plot of developable land adjacent to the airport.  

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I realize the list is in alphabetical order, but I would be surprised if Atlanta didn’t get it.

YAY! It took me a second to realize it was alphabetical, but I hope you’re right! I think (said the guy living in Atlanta). 

58 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I saw an article a week or so ago that Amazon may have tipped their hand with some office space bid requests in Boston

They recently opened some logistics center in Atlanta, and the initial release headline made us think the BIG decision had been made. Ooops.... But I wonder if that in any way might be related. I don’t pretend to know.