Songs about food

4merper4mer

It struck me that there are a lot of songs out there about food.  Do you have any songs you like that are about food, foods you like because of a song, or a food you never had the is featured in a song.

I remember hearing about a vegemite sandwich in the Men at Work song.  Nobody knew what that was but it was cool because everyone learned a tiny bit about Australia.   There was one song that was out in the 80s called "Hot Potatoes" by a one hit wonder band named Falco.  Well, I think they were a two hit wonder because they had a song called Der Kommisar.  Hot Potatoes came on the radio once when I was driving near a Wendy's and I actually pulled in an ordered a baked potato.  No way does that happen without the song coming on the radio.  I wonder how much extra $$$$ Wendy's got from that song.  It couldn't have been just me. 

Another hit about food was Awesome Sugar Honey by Def Lepard.  To this day I don't know what awesome sugar honey is, but if it is British food I don't want any anyway.

Do you remember any hit rock songs about food?

According to Wikipedia, U2 originally came up with "Sunday Bloody Sunday" when Bono was having pot roast at his brother's home and his sister in law cooked the beef too rare. He started to B word and moan about how the roast was ultra rare (Bono liked his meat well done) and he screamed "Every Sunday, every bloody Sunday I come over here for dinner and you cook this bloody meat...."

The rest is history