Buying a JP jersey???

I really want to buy a JP jersey now, but just can't seem to let myself do it for one really stupid reason. I am in my mid 30s and feel really weird walking around with the jersey of a guy more than 10 years younger than me? Anyone else weirded out by that?

So for all of you "older" guys and girls out there -- has this ever been a problem with you??

I really want to buy a JP jersey now, but just can't seem to let myself do it for one really stupid reason.  I am in my mid 30s and feel really weird walking around with the jersey of a guy more than 10 years younger than me?  Anyone else weirded out by that? 

So for all of you "older" guys and girls out there -- has this ever been a problem with you??

268808[/snapback]

You officially become old when the Playmate of the Month is born after you graduated high school.

I really want to buy a JP jersey now, but just can't seem to let myself do it for one really stupid reason.  I am in my mid 30s and feel really weird walking around with the jersey of a guy more than 10 years younger than me?  Anyone else weirded out by that? 

268808[/snapback]

I'm not one to wear jerseys around for no reason, but I couldn't imagine not wearing one while watching the game with our Backers club.

268808[/snapback]

I had the same kind of "revalation" one night, way back, sitting at the Aud, wathcing the Sabres... Tom Barasso was having one of those "asso, asso, asso" kind of nights...my buddy and I were half heartedly joing in. As this is going on, I look up Barrasso in the program, and discover he is a week younger than me...zI felt kind of dumb.

I am 40-ish, and have a few jerseys. I rarely wear them, and if I do, it is when I am doing the laundry (everything else is dirty) or for a very big game...if I wear one, it will likely be of an old player, long since retired...