6 Positions of Success.

Luka

To build a successful team, I feel that you need a play maker or difference maker at 6 key positions.

QB

DE

LB

WR/TE

CB

LT

These are the positions you have to have great players to remain consistently successful. It will be interesting to see how the Bills move forward in the off season to address the massive holes at the first three of these positions.

We all know that the QB position will be addressed, possibly in free agency and the draft. Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford all potentially available in free agency. With Darnold and Rosen almost locked in as picks 1 and 2, we'll see Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph as all potential first round picks.

Defensive end needs a massive infusion of talent in the off season as well. The zone cover scheme relies greatly on the front 4 getting pressure on the QB and 29th in the league in sacks just doesn't cut it. I could see a a free agent come in as well as a first or second round pick. I think a mid tier guy like Connor Barwin is probably more likely than a big signing like Ansah or Clayborn considering that we run a rotation. Arden Key from LSU might be the right kind of pick at 21 or 22 depending on how his interviews go.

Linebacker will be the most interesting position in OTAs. Milano played great this year. Brown led the league in tackles but is a free agent. And Alexander was typically out of his element. Josey Jewell fits what McDermott would be looking for in middle backer to lead the defense, but will he be around late in the first? Nigel Bradham will probably be the best available outside linebacker in free agency, interestingly enough.

What does everyone think we do? And with Benjamin/Clay, White and Dawkins/Glenn at the other key positions, what would you like to see added, if anything, in those areas?