Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Bobby... we all know you.  It wouldn’t matter any answer given, you’ve made up your mind.

They could have hired a coach who led the best offense in the NFL for 5 years in a row and he would have found something to complain about...

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Try copying and pasting the dictionary definition of obvious, you’ll see that’s not the case. 

I said why I wasn’t a fan. 

I don’t have a history of complaining just to complain. You do have a history of being fairly critical of my posts for some reason, but I’ll don’t care enough to know why. 

Keep on keeping on 

History of being critical to a lot of posts...

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No but you can look at his past the playcalling. The failures the successes and infer at this point blah cant you

Honestly what coordinator would succeed with the QBs he had to work with?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Hey look no ability to attack what i am saying and instead another on me. So typical of so many here 

What sucks about you is that you never once change your opinion (so why come here) and yet you repeat your opinion over and over and over and over and over again, expecting the rest of us to change our minds simply by repetition.  It's just not how discussion works.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I really don't give a rats ass what he did with a poor Browns team over 9 years ago,

I read that Coaches everyone respects,  speak well of him.

He's a great hire.

Everyone respected Jauron also.  It's not my job to put a good team on the field and I'm allowed to call it like I see it.  If the fact that every offense he's been an actual decision making part of has been a colossal failure doesn't bother you then keep drinking the kool aid.  Hells yeah I'd like to be wrong but I'll believe it when I see it.

Mentioned in another thread that I see pros and cons to Daboll as our OC. He knows the Pats and knows the division. But I will feel a lot better about it if the Bills bring in a good qb coach. 

Oh and, of course, a good QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is a VERY intriguing hire.

I have no idea if it'll work out, but consider: it's probably McDermott's most important hire (because you only get a certain amount of chances to hire coordinators before the axe falls on your neck - especially if you're an unproven HC), and he chose a guy who coached in two PROGRAMS.

Like it or not (and I like it), these guys are trying to build a PROGRAM.  Why not poach a guy who has worked within the two biggest powerhouse programs in the history of both the NFL and college?  Why not hire a guy who should at least bring analytics to the offense, and hopefully will bring creativity and versatility?  Who comes from two places where they adapt scheme to talent instead of vice versa?

Hey, again, this may not work but you've got to give them credit for thinking outside the box a bit.  McD has steel stones, I'll give him that.

No idea why McD hired this man if he is going to keep Juan Castillo as run game coordinator/line coach. It would seem to me the program needs an astute passing game guy who could tutor/develop a young QB. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure i can. His NFL OC statistics show he is the same as Dennsion. A decent run game and crap pass game and do you think i care who calls me out. Not violating anything am I

Bobby you are derailing the thread.  It was a healthy conversation.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Bobby... we all know you.  It wouldn’t matter any answer given, you’ve made up your mind.

Maybe you should go read what i have said in this thread. Then tell me i have made uo your mind. 

But for a fanbase that prides themselves supposedly on football knowledge NEVER make a football argument. Do they?

I will hold out on chiming in until I see what they roll out in 2018. The main thing is do we can Castillo, who is STILL the weakest link on the staff? Daboll seemed to do decent play calling this year at Alabama, even with an athlete playing the QB position. 

1 hour ago, Estro said:

our new OC,

according to BuffaloBills.com

What do we think?

Don't quite know what to think yet.  I'll think more when I see what he does with OL coach and other assistants.  If he keeps most of Dennison's staff intact I'll think less.

Hopefully he's learned a bunch since his last OC stint in the NFL.

What I like about it is it's a step off the beaten path, not trying to bring in retread after retread.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the news and tidbits of information on the new OC hire. I have no choice but to drink kool-aid and hope for the best right now. I will formulate my opinions when I see how the moves this team makes translates to the field. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mentioned in another thread that I see pros and cons to Daboll as our OC. He knows the Pats and knows the division. But I will feel a lot better about it if the Bills bring in a good qb coach. 

What about that guy Lee, I hear he’s really good.