At what point do we say Antonio Brown is the GOAT?

Process

3 hours ago, Process said:

Seriously

By the end of his career I think this guy will be considered the greatest wr to ever play. I'd say you could make the argument that he already is. 

Jerry Rice IS the g.o.a.t. of WR's. Brown is likely #2 when all is said and done. 

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Jerry Rice

Moss

Megatron 

Top 3

TO laps Megaton

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Nope.  Had the potential but pissed it away.

yeah, all that unrealized potential.....

Just now, H2o said:

Jerry Rice IS the g.o.a.t. of WR's. Brown is likely #2 when all is said and done. 

That's not even mathematically possible, I think

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Brown is a great wide receiver, but he'd need to keep up his average production to date for another 10-1/2 years just to  match the real GOAT's production in yards. Never mind touchdowns.

He would likely also need to have consecutive HoF quarterbacks throwing to him (without even a gap for the 2nd one to develop). 

I love Jerry Rice, but I also believe that Rice (and his standing as the GOAT) benefitted greatly from his pretty much unprecedented situation. He stepped right in with 2 fully developed Hall of Fame QB's (not to even mention Bill Walsh as your Head Coach). I believe there have been other guys as good that just didn't have the fortune of Rice's situation.

Edited by OJABBA

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Keep up WEO.  He pissed away his chance at being the GOAT.

By not playing another 6 years (14 instead of 20), like Rice?  By not hooking up with a HOF Qb until his 10th season?

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Just looking at stats alone, his last 5 years might well be the best 5 year stretch any WR has ever had.

That won't do it though

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

By not playing another 6 years (14 instead of 20), like Rice?  By not hooking up with a HOF Qb until his 10th season?

He did fine without a HOF QB for his 1st 6 seasons.  But you're probably right.  He never really had a chance to be GOAT.

25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Rice was just unbelievable.  Hard to say if he helped Montana and Young be as great as they were or vice versa.  Easier to just say all three were incredible.

I think there is enough evidence to say that the QB is the more important factor. I can't really think of any WR's that turned a QB from an average guy, into a HoF level guy. I have however seen WR's who were very average, suddenly have very good, great seasons when they are paired with a good QB, and many WR's whose career's dwindled when the HoF QB was gone.