G. Ramsey's New Restaurant

Dante

29 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Have fun!  Looks like a neat restaurant.  If you really want to get some out of this world food, try Thomas Keller’s Bouchon at The Venetian.  You will thank me later.

Ramsey's looks unlikely so maybe we try Bouchon. Just checked out the menu. This looks nice.

"*Steak Bouchon* grilled eye of the rib & sauce Béarnaise, served with French fries"

• Like (+1) 1

Here's an idea.

See if there's a reservation available on either March 30th or April 1st.

If its available book it!

Then buy two tickets to the Sharks @ Vegas game for March 31st.

Then...you can book your room

Ehhhhh????

I’m a bit of a sucker for this stuff. For Christmas I got myself MasterClass, mostly because I saw Thomas Keller would be on there this winter. Gordon Ramsey classes are already up and I’ve beeen through those, as well as most of the W. Puck classes. Ramsey is about what you’d expect, but I enjoy these classes (maybe I’m just bored?). It’s $90/year to get just one person, or $180 to get them all. No brainier.....

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2018 at 8:33 PM, CowgirlsFan said:

Here's an idea.

See if there's a reservation available on either March 30th or April 1st.

If its available book it!

Then buy two tickets to the Sharks @ Vegas game for March 31st.

Then...you can book your room

Ehhhhh????

Don't think I haven't thought of this. Sharks are actually in SoCal then Phoenix this week. But no Vegas :(

22 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m a bit of a sucker for this stuff. For Christmas I got myself MasterClass, mostly because I saw Thomas Keller would be on there this winter. Gordon Ramsey classes are already up and I’ve beeen through those, as well as most of the W. Puck classes. Ramsey is about what you’d expect, but I enjoy these classes (maybe I’m just bored?). It’s $90/year to get just one person, or $180 to get them all. No brainier.....

So have you duplicated any of the recipes? If so please share how it went

Bah, fancy restaurants! Go to Tacos el Gordo and go nuts!

There was an excellent Korean hibachi style place in the plaza on the corner of LV Blvd and Sahara. But I don't see it on a Google maps anymore.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bah, fancy restaurants! Go to Tacos el Gordo and go nuts!

There was an excellent Korean hibachi style place in the plaza on the corner of LV Blvd and Sahara. But I don't see it on a Google maps anymore.

Agreed that some of the best eating in Vegas (or anywhere) can be found off the beaten path and in some very unassuming and simple joints.  

During our trip to Vegas this past summer, arguably the best meal we had was at a Vietnamese place about 6 miles away from the strip.  Simple, cheap food with tons of flavor.  I ate tripe for the first time ever and loved it!

There is something to be said for fine dining, however.  I love the chef’s tasting menus that come with wine/spirit pairings for each course.  To me it’s worth the money for the experience.  Bouchon is one of those places, IMO.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed that some of the best eating in Vegas (or anywhere) can be found off the beaten path and in some very unassuming and simple joints.  

During our trip to Vegas this past summer, arguably the best meal we had was at a Vietnamese place about 6 miles away from the strip.  Simple, cheap food with tons of flavor.  I ate tripe for the first time ever and loved it!

There is something to be said for fine dining, however.  I love the chef’s tasting menus that come with wine/spirit pairings for each course.  To me it’s worth the money for the experience.  Bouchon is one of those places, IMO.

Agree it is in a lot of places, just not in Vegas anymore. And I dunno, so many restaurants have bought their own hype and charge so much, seats starting to go empty in a lot "impossible" reservations. $500 for a meal like you describe above Sticks is hard to justify..and plenty of those places that's what you are looking at all in. I mean damn, we got people on this board bitchin about $3 a month to read about the Bills !!!!

But i will say that $500 is an end zone Bills Season Ticket

Edited by plenzmd1

4 hours ago, Dante said:

Don't think I haven't thought of this. Sharks are actually in SoCal then Phoenix this week. But no Vegas :(

So have you duplicated any of the recipes? If so please share how it went

I have done just a few as we haven’t been around much to have time, but a couple of G. Ramsey and W. Puck meals were quite good. Puck had a peppercorn strip steak with a sweet red wine reduction (including raisins to add the sweetness) that I really liked. He says the spice from the peppercorn works well with the sweetness, and I liked it quite a bit. There are several others I want to try that could become staples in the dinner lineup. However, some of their recipes includes things I can’t find in stores in my neck of the woods. 

Thomas Keller intrigued me the most (though his classes aren’t up yet) because he talks more about teaching techniques. He says it’s the techniques that makes the recipes work. Google his trailer, it sold me on signing up.