30 hours in Charleston

boyst

Go to the slave market thing.  A bit morbid, but really interesting historically.  Plus they have a lot of really neat things (e.g., crafts and trinkets) for sale.

There is a great little raw bar at the end of the street that the market is on.  I forget the name, but it is down near the end near the water.  Buckets of beer and great oysters for cheap.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Going to Charleston for 30 hours. What do I do?  I like history and shiz.

Hotels or AirBnB recommendations, too.

I'll be meeting up with a girl from Jacksonville.  Neither one of us have been there before.

Depending what you want to spend, Husk and FIG are two fantastic restaurants.Airbnb in the historic district would be awesome, but I have not done that yet in Charleston.

You can priceline or hotwire a nice great hotel this time of year there as well.

Guess your game date with @DrDawkinsteinwent great eh and you are looking to extend now?

Edited by plenzmd1

Oh yeah, if you plan on going out at night bring something nice to wear.  If you don’t want to stick out like a sore thumb.  For some reason people get really decked out there for the restaurants/bars/clubs.  I wore nice dress shoes, nice jeans, and a button up shirt and I still felt underdressed.  Bring a sport coat, and have your lady wear a dress B-)

28 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh yeah, if you plan on going out at night bring something nice to wear.  If you don’t want to stick out like a sore thumb.  For some reason people get really decked out there for the restaurants/bars/clubs.  I wore nice dress shoes, nice jeans, and a button up shirt and I still felt underdressed.  Bring a sport coat, and have your lady wear a dress B-)

@Royale with Cheese will look so pretty in a dress 

I've heard that about Charleston, though. I have a green suede sport coat and a nice pinestripe charcoal jacket or I'll get the plum sport coat from back of the closet.  Or my linen suit.  Damn, I forgot how many suits and nice dress up things I have...

11 suits, 1 linen

5 sport coats

A few dozen dress slacks and high end button ups.

And literally a dozen dress shoes / cowboy boots 

57 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Depending what you want to spend, Husk and FIG are two fantastic restaurants.Airbnb in the historic district would be awesome, but I have not done that yet in Charleston.

You can priceline or hotwire a nice great hotel this time of year there as well.

Guess your game date with @DrDawkinsteinwent great eh and you are looking to extend now?

39 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

A bunch of us were in Savannah over the new year, we used VRBO, I know you don't have a group of 11 like we did, but we got an outstanding deal on a 7BR place in a beautiful location and it cost us $100/night.  

This time of year seeing $80-100 high end 2 bdr in historic district on Airbnb

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I've heard that about Charleston, though. I have a green suede sport coat and a nice pinestripe charcoal jacket or I'll get the plum sport coat from back of the closet.  Or my linen suit.  Damn, I forgot how many suits and nice dress up things I have...

11 suits, 1 linen

5 sport coats

A few dozen dress slacks and high end button ups.

And literally a dozen dress shoes / cowboy boots 

Tight dress to show off my ass.

The wife and I will be making a weekend trip there at some point in the spring.  The mother-in-law gave us a gift card to a fancy hotel there (I can look up the name later) for Christmas.  I'm going to have to keep an eye on this thread.

This time of year seeing $80-100 high end 2 bdr in historic district on Airbnb

Why do you have so many suits? Only wear suits anymore to weddings and funerals. Can’t remember last time wore a suit in a business meeting. 

Anyway, that price sounds awesome. Won’t do any better on hotels , and I like Airbnb’s way better. I just always bring my own soup and shampoo, and good to go. 

Edited by plenzmd1

these are not a dress suit Boyst 

Image result for redneck tuxedo   Image result for redneck tuxedo  Image result for redneck tuxedo