The NYJ Might Not Retain OC John Morton - Fired on 1/17/18

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

One rumor I saw had him going with Gruden to Oakland.

Maybe that'll be the case, but they already have an OC in Greg Olson and Gruden will be calling plays.  If I were him, I'd be looking for a higher profile position if the Jets decide to let him go. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe that'll be the case, but they already have an OC in Greg Olson and Gruden will be calling plays.  If I were him, I'd be looking for a higher profile position if the Jets decide to let him go. 

I missed the Olson hiring, so scratch that. I had heard the Morton rumor days ago.

9 minutes ago, jr1 said:

they were 24th in points

Their average through the 12 games McCown started and finished would have had them around 14th.  Scoring 0, 19, 7 and 6 with Bryce Petty killed their overall rank.  Morton did a pretty good job with almost no talent.... though Robby Anderson is a stud.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Their average through the 12 games McCown started and finished would have had them around 14th.  Scoring 0, 19, 7 and 6 with Bryce Petty killed their overall rank.  Morton did a pretty good job with almost no talent.... though Robby Anderson is a stud.  

That's is all true.  I still don't know if I would want him with the Bills.  But, I do think he is better than Dennison.

So, if Dennison is let go (I prefer that) I would think and hope we get a better OC than Morton.  I want a strong, innovative play caller with QB whispering skills. 

Wonder what the story behind this firing is. Was it just the on field performance or was there more to it? (like the development of their young QBs? McCown had a career year under him though, so...) 

Edited by BillsFan4