The forthcoming New-Ageish cult of personality documentary on Brady

The sad thing is that for all he has accomplished On the field of football it’s impossible to have any respect for him.  It’s not just a Buffalo Newengland thing.  There have been plenty of other fierce competitors of the Bills I (and we as fans) do respect.  Going back some years take a guy like Larry Czonka.  Back in an era when RB’s were the toast of the league and smash mouth football was the norm that guy was as good as they got.  I hated him on gameday but can admire what he did as a player.

There is no such thing with Brady.  At his core I believe he is a cheater and will do anything to shift the advantage to himself.  The same is true of his coach and the culture in NE.  It is detestable and not worthy of respect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The sad thing is that for all he has accomplished Oman the field of football it’s impossible to have any respect for him.  It’s not just a Buffalo Newengland thing.  There have been plenty of other fierce competitors of the Bills I (and we as fans) do respect.  Going back some years take a guy like Larry Czonka.  Back in an era when RB’s were the toast of the league and smash mouth football was the norm that guy was as good as they got.  I hated him on gameday but can admire what he did as a player.

There is no such thing with Brady.  At his core I believe he is a cheater and will do anything to shift the advantage to himself.  The same is true of his coach and the culture in NE.  It is detestable and not worthy of respect.

Agree with Brady, but not Belicheck.

Brady has been disingenuous and has laughed through his lies every time he was caught.

Bellicheck however, I've garnered more respect for, especially over the past few years.  It appears more and more every year that this team's sucess is 100% related to Belicheck, and Brady is just another product that fits his system.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn he intentionally let the week 1 KC game slip this year to provide NE a wake up call for the season.  (I mean what better week than week 1)... I really think the guy has the best football mind this sport may ever see.

I hope when he goes, Brady looks old and feeble, and Kraft looks like the fool for pissing off Belicheck with the Garrapolo situation resulting in upcoming decades of sub .500 football.

Edited by Jobot
edit

2 hours ago, OJABBA said:

ha. They are both off-the-charts great. Maybe some of you don't respect Brady (laughable), but he sure ain't lacking respect from millions of other people (players, coaches and fans).

We're Bills fans, so we are suppose to hate Brady....despite that, I think he's the GOAT....and 95% of former/current players keep voting him one of the best player in the NFL year after year....they know more about football then any of us...they know how good he is....

What the guy is doing at his age is unreal....he is rewriting the NFL record books....they say records are meant to be broken...Tom Brady is setting the bar extremely high...will we ever see a QB like that again ?....maybe....but odds are slim.....he already has many NFL records and is within reach of a few more if he plays another couple of years....

I can't wait for him to retire....That bad feeling in your stomach when NE is down by 3 or 4 with 2 minutes left....and Brady starts at his own 20 ......you hope they don't score...but deep down, you know the game is already over.....I want to have Sundays where that feeling does not happen anymore...ever....

• Like (+1) 1

If Tom Brady walked up next to me and I had a hammer in my hand then that said hammer would meet Mr. Brady's head.

And if I am ever in court over such an incident I will fully acknowledge this as proof that I did it and I will not regret it.

He is worse than Hitler.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Boyst62 said:

If Tom Brady walked up next to me and I had a hammer in my hand then that said hammer would meet Mr. Brady's head.

And if I am ever in court over such an incident I will fully acknowledge this as proof that I did it and I will not regret it.

He is worse than Hitler.

Hitler > Brady.  But it's closer than you'd think.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The sad thing is that for all he has accomplished Oman the field of football it’s impossible to have any respect for him.  It’s not just a Buffalo Newengland thing.  There have been plenty of other fierce competitors of the Bills I (and we as fans) do respect.  Going back some years take a guy like Larry Czonka.  Back in an era when RB’s were the toast of the league and smash mouth football was the norm that guy was as good as they got.  I hated him on gameday but can admire what he did as a player.

!@#$ Czonka.

:D

55 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

We're Bills fans, so we are suppose to hate Brady....despite that, I think he's the GOAT....and 95% of former/current players keep voting him one of the best player in the NFL year after year....they know more about football then any of us...they know how good he is....

What the guy is doing at his age is unreal....he is rewriting the NFL record books....they say records are meant to be broken...Tom Brady is setting the bar extremely high...will we ever see a QB like that again ?....maybe....but odds are slim.....he already has many NFL records and is within reach of a few more if he plays another couple of years....

I can't wait for him to retire....That bad feeling in your stomach when NE is down by 3 or 4 with 2 minutes left....and Brady starts at his own 20 ......you hope they don't score...but deep down, you know the game is already over.....I want to have Sundays where that feeling does not happen anymore...ever....

How many times over the last 20 years do we say that about a guy before he gets popped for peds?  No doubt in my mind he takes something more than kale smoothies.

21 minutes ago, section122 said:

How many times over the last 20 years do we say that about a guy before he gets popped for peds?  No doubt in my mind he takes something more than kale smoothies.

How can any reasonable person not comprehend this?  It makes me sick to my stomach when people put him in the GOAT conversation.  What a joke.  They must also consider Mark McGwire to be the GOAT in baseball - and he didn't even know what pitch was coming like Brady did for most/all his career

Edited by stevewin

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

He is worse than Hitler.

you'd cave in quicker and more syrupy than Turtle at the charity golf game...  :P:P:P