Happy LEAD

Nanker

Sorry. A bit late to the party, but I just want to say I appreciate our law enforcement officers. They keep us safe and put their lives on the line daily. 

(With the one exception of the NJ State Trooper who pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket about 20 years ago. I wasn’t the one speeding. The white Jeep was. Hope he’s retired. :P)

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Sorry. A bit late to the party, but I just want to say I appreciate our law enforcement officers. They keep us safe and put their lives on the line daily. 

(With the one exception of the NJ State Trooper who pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket about 20 years ago. I wasn’t the one speeding. The white Jeep was. Hope he’s retired. :P)

Always talk a speeding ticket down. Look distraught and let it be known that you drive a lot for work and you can't afford the points. They'll invariably give you a ticket for a non-moving violation such as no seat belt or in one case an obstruction on my windshield (radar detector). We joked about it not working very well and he gave me the mile marker for the next speed trap. If you treat them with respect and give them a reason to give you a break you're probably going to get one.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:03 PM, Nanker said:

Good call,  Nanker.... and nice avatar!