Possible Darkhorse FA QB's

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think it ends up being Bradford, unless Alex Smith is released.

I dont see McBeane giving up draft picks and I also dont see them paying 25 Million dollar a years for Cousins.  The best option for now and later is to pick up Bradford at 9-10Million a year and draft someone in the first round. 

This is the strategy Marrone used. get an injury riddled vet who won't last more than 6 game. Then put in the rookie .

Personally I have no desire for Bradford.

Serious question: is Bradford for half a season for the more money really any better than Hotrod?  We pay 8 mil to cut Hotrod and sign Bradford for 9, in fact he is more expensive. 

I seriously question if we would be in a better place if we did that.

10 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

I want either Cousins, Keenum, Bridgewater or Foles, if not draft one and battle it out with Peterman.

Peterman "battling" with an actual QB? Kind of an unfair situation for him.

iu-1.jpegiu.jpeg

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

Enough with these average vet QB's to be the starter types.

That is why the Bills have been stuck in QB purgatory.

The Bills need to draft and develop their own QB, which means get the young QB and get a QB who can train said QB and get him ready from Day and beyond to be the franchise QB.

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If Dennison stays, then we might as well keep Tyrod as the 'dark horse'.....while the rookie learns.  If Dennison goes, then you're going to have to see who's out there...and it probably makes very little difference for 2018.

Why would we spend $16M on Taylor but nor spend $24M on Cousins?

I’d like to see Bridgewater and a rookie. That seems cost effective to me. I’d also like to see a creative, young mind running the offense. 

Bridgewater and Baker would be my best case scenario. There’s no reason to keep Nate around in that situation either. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d like to see Bridgewater and a rookie. That seems cost effective to me. I’d also like to see a creative, young mind running the offense. 

Bridgewater and Baker would be my best case scenario. There’s no reason to keep Nate around in that situation either. 

That would work

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ll take this two ways:

You really value those 6th round picks or you think Paxton Lynch is worth more.

P.S. He’s terrible.

I wouldn’t spend six Happy Meals on Lynch. He’s awful, and even worse his first name is Paxton. Nobody over the age of 4 should be named Paxton.