Possible Darkhorse FA QB's

Tyler Bray?  I have no idea why they threw his name in.  This is the same Chiefs team that was a contender and had holes to fill but instead traded this years first round pick and last years first round pick to draft a raw QB prospect who needs his mechanics rebuilt to succeed in the NFL.  

If they felt Bray showed any promise after being in their system already I seriously doubt they spend 2 first rounders and change on Mahomes when they were already a contending team and could have used both first round picks to make the team stronger in other areas.  

In regards to the rest of the list...No way they bring back Fitz, he is done and fans here have seen enough of him.  I doubt any old vet like Fitz or McCown will be brought in even as a seat warmer to a rookie.  I think ideally, they want to bring in a Vet who can possibly keep any rookie we draft on the bench the whole year to develop and still keep the potential to contend.  I think one of the Vikings guys or Smith are probably the most probable targets, but they better not spend a lot to get Smith.  Wouldn't trade more than say a 5th than can become a 4th or something like that...at most.  Too many other options to over spend on a guy who isn't a substantial upgrade over the other options.  

I wasn't a fan of this before, but I have come around to going hard after Cousins if he is truly available.  Assuming we still win the same 9 games this year with Cousins (which is a reasonable assumption) we can easily win the Panther game, Cincy game, and Charger game had we had Cousins all year.  Thats a 12 win season this year, and with a weak receiving core most of it too.  You can also make cases for either Pats game and Jets game too that they were winnable had Cousins been the starter for us.  

So, give Cousins the money, go use FA and our draft riches build up OL, DL, LB, RB, DB, and WR (in no particular order) and see what this team can do next year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Tyler Bray?  I have no idea why they threw his name in.  This is the same Chiefs team that was a contender and had holes to fill but instead traded this years first round pick and last years first round pick to draft a raw QB prospect who needs his mechanics rebuilt to succeed in the NFL.  

If they felt Bray showed any promise after being in their system already I seriously doubt they spend 2 first rounders and change on Mahomes when they were already a contending team and could have used both first round picks to make the team stronger in other areas.  

In regards to the rest of the list...No way they bring back Fitz, he is done and fans here have seen enough of him.  I doubt any old vet like Fitz or McCown will be brought in even as a seat warmer to a rookie.  I think ideally, they want to bring in a Vet who can possibly keep any rookie we draft on the bench the whole year to develop and still keep the potential to contend.  I think one of the Vikings guys or Smith are probably the most probable targets, but they better not spend a lot to get Smith.  Wouldn't trade more than say a 5th than can become a 4th or something like that...at most.  Too many other options to over spend on a guy who isn't a substantial upgrade over the other options.  

I wasn't a fan of this before, but I have come around to going hard after Cousins if he is truly available.  Assuming we still win the same 9 games this year with Cousins (which is a reasonable assumption) we can easily win the Panther game, Cincy game, and Charger game had we had Cousins all year.  Thats a 12 win season this year, and with a weak receiving core most of it too.  You can also make cases for either Pats game and Jets game too that they were winnable had Cousins been the starter for us.  

So, give Cousins the money, go use FA and our draft riches build up OL, DL, LB, RB, DB, and WR (in no particular order) and see what this team can do next year.  

Tyler bray is totally random. It’s the first time I’ve read his name mentioned anywhere for anything ever....

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think it ends up being Bradford, unless Alex Smith is released.

I dont see McBeane giving up draft picks and I also dont see them paying 25 Million dollar a years for Cousins.  The best option for now and later is to pick up Bradford at 9-10Million a year and draft someone in the first round. 

I don't see KC just releasing Smith.

Someone will trade for him.  Question is what teams are willing to give.

Teams that are interested have two choices to consider:

1.  You trade for Alex Smiths current contract only.  One year @ 17 Million.

Minimum would be about a 4th, maybe someone desperate will do a 3rd.  Remember it's only a 1 year.  Smith would have no say in this.

2.  You trade for Alex Smith with an extension contract.

Picks would probably be much higher and maybe multiple.  Smith would have to agree so he has a choice on where he goes.

I for one, don't know what will happen, but I would bet Alex Smith will not be on KC's roster next year.

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....re-assembly required.......optional knee replacements with 30 day warranty available............

We bless and give his knees Bills Mafia energy

*might not be the best idea his knee might snap like a folding table

1 minute ago, Clyde Smith said:

I want either Cousins, Keenum, Bridgewater or Foles, if not draft one and battle it out with Peterman.

No way on Keenum or Foles.  Cousins would obviously be the ideal signing.  Bridgewater is intriguing, but I haven't seen him play in two years.  You're taking a chance.

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

No thanks.

He couldn't get the ball to Sanders and Thomas

I agree with you, but Dennison might like his potential.

8 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Tyler bray is totally random. It’s the first time I’ve read his name mentioned anywhere for anything ever....

Exactly, just a weird throw in.  And like I said, given what the Chiefs did to get Mahomes would tell me they dont think much of Bray at all, so not sure why he would be a guy for us by this writer lol.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No way on Keenum or Foles.  Cousins would obviously be the ideal signing.  Bridgewater is intriguing, but I haven't seen him play in two years.  You're taking a chance.

I agree with you, but Dennison might like his potential.

At this point I just want someone here to get the ball to the TE/WR on a consistent basis with few costly mistakes.