President of the People

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

As the evidence mounts he is innocent correct?

Do I trust Mueller?  I have no !@#$ing clue. I don't follow this this anymore.  Life is grand without the Bills, Politics and you.  So carry on!

Yet like a stray dog you keep coming back...

Political freedoms and rights are declining at a quick rate under President Trump, according to a report from independent watchdog organization Freedom House. 

Freedom House said the U.S. under Trump has "retreated from its traditional role as both a champion and an exemplar of democracy."

The annual report, which was released on Tuesday, cites the president's false statements, threats against the news media, vocal criticism of judge's blocking his policies, as well as his lambasting of the intelligence community. 

The report said Trump's behavior is due to his frustration with checks and balances in the U.S. government, and that his negative statements and actions regarding the country's independent courts, Congress, and news media could weaken U.S. democratic institutions in long term. 

The report comes as Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) plans to deliver a speech comparing Trump to former Soviet Union leader Joseph Stalin. 

“2017 was a year which saw the truth — objective, empirical, evidence-based truth —more battered and abused than any other time in the history of our country, at the hands of the most powerful figure in our government,” Flake is set to say in his speech. 

The report calls out Turkey and Hungary for moving toward authoritarian styles of government, as well as Russia and China for internal repression of citizens, as well as the rise of anti-immigrant political parties in western democracies such as Austria, France, and Germany. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/369313-report-freedoms-deteriorating-under-trump