John Dorsey Has Interviewed & Hired Eliot Wolf for a Browns' Personnel Department Job

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think so as well...Pack want him to stay but have no intentions of blocking his search......

I know for a fact they actually do not want him back. Despite what you see them telling the media. 

But, I don’t see it as a bad thing for Cleveland either. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know for a fact they actually do not want him back. Despite what you see them telling the media. 

But, I don’t see it as a bad thing for Cleveland either. 

McCarthy is the only one who does not want him back. Listening to local radio here, Wolf was the impetus behind McCarthy's odd "Fit" press conference.  Knowing that Murphy tried to talk to Schneider and the Seahawks said no tells you Gutenkast was not the first choice. Its a shame Schneider could not keep that opt-out from his first contract, because he belongs in Wisconsin.

Pack is making a pretty big error here, essentially siding with McCarthy and losing Wolf in the process.  The three Packers that will be residing in Cleveland are going to turn that train wreck around and the Packers will be firing McCarthy in a couple of years. If Rodgers does not get another Super Bowl, that is sacrilege.

If the Pack hire Pettine today, I got a dollar that says he is the next Packer coach.

46 minutes ago, simool said:

McCarthy is the only one who does not want him back. Listening to local radio here, Wolf was the impetus behind McCarthy's odd "Fit" press conference.  Knowing that Murphy tried to talk to Schneider and the Seahawks said no tells you Gutenkast was not the first choice. Its a shame Schneider could not keep that opt-out from his first contract, because he belongs in Wisconsin.

Pack is making a pretty big error here, essentially siding with McCarthy and losing Wolf in the process.  The three Packers that will be residing in Cleveland are going to turn that train wreck around and the Packers will be firing McCarthy in a couple of years. If Rodgers does not get another Super Bowl, that is sacrilege.

If the Pack hire Pettine today, I got a dollar that says he is the next Packer coach.

It’s been dysfunctional in  that organization for sure. Whatever the reason, Wolf was told to seek another team. He’s looking around everywhere. 

Listening to the Pack's press conference right now.  So McCarthy is going to report directly to Murphy.  Leap frogging Gutenkast, the new GM.  I was looking for the dumpster fire GIF... It is needed here.  What the hell has happened to Green Bay?

Just now, simool said:

Listening to the Pack's press conference right now.  So McCarthy is going to report directly to Murphy.  Leap frogging Gutenkast, the new GM.  I was looking for the dumpster fire GIF... It is needed here.  What the hell has happened to Green Bay?

Not an uncommon reporting structure

Live look at Green Bay's front office:

giphy.gif

The Packers allowing McCarthy to pick his boss is madness. McCarthy and Thompson were abject failures this season and yet both were essentially promoted. Schneider, Mckenzie, Dorsey, Highsmith and now Wolf.  That is a clean gutting right there.

At least they have Gutekunst, who is originally an intern. Known more for his partying at UW La Crosse than his front office skills.

Edited by simool

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Whaley is strictly a Pro Personnel guy.  Don't let him anywhere near college scouting, and he'll do fine.  He has a nose for guys like Humber, Lorax, Rambo, etc.

Rob Ryan brought in Humber. The rest? Who cares. None changed the team for the better, and most of his choices caused years of losing.

yes, I hope the Browns bring in Whaley. That should insure the Browns remain at the bottom for quite some time.