Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

Just now, grb said:

So when Taylor starts next year, it will be because at least six NFL general managers (with their coaches) lack your intellectual acumen?

Nope. Because there are teams with multiple players on their rosters that are better than Taylor. Just because there are 32 teams, doesn't mean that the best 32 are starting. 

For example, Minnesota has 3, Indy has 2, New England had 2 before trading 1. There are 7 guys between 3 teams better than Taylor. Then factor in the young guys coming in next April, the departure of Palmer, Cutler, etc... and Taylor sits in the mid-low 30s. 

4 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Nope. Because there are teams with multiple players on their rosters that are better than Taylor. Just because there are 32 teams, doesn't mean that the best 32 are starting. 

For example, Minnesota has 3, Indy has 2, New England had 2 before trading 1. There are 7 guys between 3 teams better than Taylor. Then factor in the young guys coming in next April, the departure of Palmer, Cutler, etc... and Taylor sits in the mid-low 30s. 

Jacoby freaking Brissett !!!!

Are you trying to look like a fool?

1 minute ago, grb said:

Younger guy with a much higher ceiling. In his second year in the league and first year as a starter, has comparable numbers to Taylor in his 7th and 3rd. He's not miles better (yet), but will probably be in time. 

Next? 

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Younger guy with a much higher ceiling. In his second year in the league and first year as a starter, has comparable numbers to Taylor in his 7th and 3rd. He's not miles better (yet), but will probably be in time. 

Next? 

No; he has worst numbers. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

What about all the college qbs that are better than Taylor ?

So when Taylor starts next year, etc........

Edited by grb

1 hour ago, Schmuggs said:

This article isn’t about Bortles. It’s aboit Trod and how horrible he is, the worse.  And it’s true. 

If there was an article written comparing the two QBs. There would be none, Bortles is much better. But that’s not the point. 

Please stop making yourselves look foolish. 

Actually the point of my response is while TT is bad...and he is....he wasn't the worst even in that game. Kornheiser is simply overstating something to get attention...which worked. 

Unless you started watching football this year and only watched Bills games you would realize there are many guys that have been worse passers. Yes, even than TT. I could probably list 20 off the top of my head...but then I'd have to explain to you who they even are. And I don't have time to explain things to idiots.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Yes, Taylor was better in 2015/2016. And he had his critics still. Those critics were told it was Roman/Lynn's and the WR's faults. Roman was shitcanned. Taylor got a new OC, one that was going to be way better for Taylor. Taylor got worse. His critics were told it was Rico's and the WR's faults

Do you see a pattern here?

The point of my post to which you're responding was that Roman's offensive scheme AND the way Taylor was being coached to execute it, were being downchecked by experts.

I don't recall anyone saying that Dennison would be "way better for Taylor", but if you can give me some links, I'd be happy to revise my view.  (I can find the Billick/Dilfer link if you like). 

Do you question that the WR corps was downgraded this year, or that the WR were thin last year when Sammy was out injured?

Since I can't accept your premises as stated at present, I can't accept the sequitor (pattern).

But let's be clear on what I'm responding to: I was skeptical (and a bit unhappy) at the choice of Dennison for OC, but willing to give the benefit of doubt through preseason that Taylor might take a step with him.  I was also unhappy about changes in the WR corps.    That doesn't mean I'm arguing for keeping Taylor as QB next year.

Whether he winds up getting a shot elsewhere, is beyond my paygrade.

12 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Boomer's comments at about the 7:30 mark.

"Ben will actually see the blitzes coming and actually try to complete some passes down the field. He's not just going to hold onto the ball and try to run away from them all" 

Ouch.  lol 

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Up until a few weeks ago Jimmy Garoffalo was one.

the jury is still out on JG.   But IF he's the real deal thank god the Pats* made the blunder to appease Tommy.  

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:
1 hour ago, grb said:

Who would you take Taylor over?

I've been ignoring him so I missed the context. 

Was he actually saying Jacoby Brissett is good? 

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point of my post to which you're responding was that Roman's offensive scheme AND the way Taylor was being coached to execute it, were being downchecked by experts.

I don't recall anyone saying that Dennison would be "way better for Taylor", but if you can give me some links, I'd be happy to revise my view.  (I can find the Billick/Dilfer link if you like). 

Do you question that the WR corps was downgraded this year, or that the WR were thin last year when Sammy was out injured?

Since I can't accept your premises as stated at present, I can't accept the sequitor (pattern).

But let's be clear on what I'm responding to: I was skeptical (and a bit unhappy) at the choice of Dennison for OC, but willing to give the benefit of doubt through preseason that Taylor might take a step with him.  I was also unhappy about changes in the WR corps.    That doesn't mean I'm arguing for keeping Taylor as QB next year.

Whether he winds up getting a shot elsewhere, is beyond my paygrade.

Got u fam.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/07/west-coast-offense-tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills/

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-Polian-likes-new-offense-for-Taylor-and-Clay/2ab3cc81-6b83-48be-9d43-9c5434d73da1

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000809999/Palmer-Tyrod-Taylor-might-be-perfect-fit-for-new-Bills-offense

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/buffalo-bills-2017-preview-offseason-depth-chart-tyrod-taylor-defense-scheme/1eqehcbxo6r0f1qvwm3a20j68f

He was supposed to be a "perfect fit." The dude sucked. Everyone was wrong. It's over.

Edited by jmc12290

Our WR corps was pathetic this year. Consider this: Deonte Thompson was our leading receiver! He wasn't even not he team for the first five games! Thompson played 11 games with Buffalo in the regular season and had seven starts. Those are the most starts in his six-year career. In those 11 games, he had 27 receptions for 430 yards and one touchdown. He led all Bills wide receivers in yards and was tied for the lead in receptions. (per BB.com)

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

Here's my logic. Taylor has been pretty much the same qb over the last 3 years. 3 different offensive coordinators and pretty much the same stats every year. He is what he is. He's not going to get any better than what he is right now. He managed 3 points in playoff game. He himself isn't the reason we got to the playoffs. Our defense and turnovers won us games. He is not our future 

I can see this.  I just hope our future is not worse without him.  We could plan for the future and not start a rookie or 2nd level vet.  It took us 17 years to get to this point.  I don't want to chuck it in litter box on a possible maybe.  Possible maybes have not worked out real well for us in the past.

As far as the last 3 years.  His production dropped off this year with a new staff and OC.  Think that had anything to do with it?  Shady's production was down 1.4 ypc as well.

Things can always get worse.

Be careful what you ask for. imho

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think there will be 4 QB's that come out of this draft that have better passing numbers than Taylor easily. 

College QBs always have better stats because most teams don't play defense in college and the opposition is smaller and slower then NFL defenders.