Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

Was Roethlisberger the worst QB he ever seen when he threw 5 picks against the jags?

pretty sure kornheiser was crapping on the Bills for benching Tyrod.

Let’s not get carried away with hyperbole. Tyrod is what he is. But still the best we’ve had in a while. It was a decent 3 years broke time to move on

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Have to disagree.  He obviously has issues - but worst in the NFL?  His comp% is in line with league average, and he's made throws and plays this year that no one outside maybe russell wilson could make.

And yes - i still hope we cut him.

Tyrod is very limited. He can’t see the whole field. And has subpar accuracy. We should have run an offense to accommodate those short comings. Hopefully we don’t trust Dennison with another QB. Rather have a fresh slate. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Was Roethlisberger the worst QB he ever seen when he threw 5 picks against the jags?

pretty sure kornheiser was crapping on the Bills for benching Tyrod.

Let’s not get carried away with hyperbole. Tyrod is what he is. But still the best we’ve had in a while. It was a decent 3 years broke time to move on

Tyrod is very limited. He can’t see the whole field. And has subpar accuracy. We should have run an offense to accommodate those short comings. Hopefully we don’t trust Dennison with another QB. Rather have a fresh slate. 

I mean - o'leary clay and thompson all dropped pretty well thrown balls - and he had a bunch of throw aways.  just a sorry group all around.  Benjamins slow as molasses running on a bum knee, jones and tyrod clearly aren't on the same page, and the rest of the group is just as bad.  Bad QB, Bad WRs, bad passing attack.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Be careful what you say about EJ.

There are many here who always loved him and still firmly believe he just needs a little more time to develop!

I liked him.  There was a time when it was not irrational to think EJ needed more time to develop.  When he had the time and had not significantly improved, almost everyone agreed and those who hoped for him were disappointed that such a fine fella just couldn't play NFL qb.  Tyrod has had what, seven years?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tyrod was a back up QB that has a few special talents. He can escape a lot of pressure. He can get a first down with his legs sometimes.

In a QB desperate year I can see why you would bring a guy like Tyrod to the team and see if he can rise to the next level. At the very least he can hold things together. 

This year it didn't work out for Tyrod. They didn't bench him because he was at the level they wanted. Doing the things they wanted. I don't know his future. I just see him as a backup quarter back with some natural talent that could make him great if he could transition. After a few years you figure the experiment is over.

This was the year for Tyrod Taylor. The defense was primed to keep him in every game. You only have to score more then 10 points to win a playoff game. He didn't want it bad enough. He wanted to play like a back up and manage the game and not play like a champion.

The other quarter back played like trash but he made it work enough to beat the Bills because the offense could only score 3 points. I don't think you plan having Tyrod start next year. I could only see him as a back up now.

Edited by Lfod

47 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Have to disagree.  He obviously has issues - but worst in the NFL?  His comp% is in line with league average, and he's made throws and plays this year that no one outside maybe russell wilson could make.

And yes - i still hope we cut him.

I’d love to know more about these throws he’s made that nobody outside of Wilson could make.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, we'll agree to disagree.  While Tyrod's performance was bad, I thought the performance of our receivers (wr, TE, backs except Shady) was also "over the top" poor. 

The reason it's a point worth making is that people talk as though it's all on Tyrod and if we plug in a new QB, like, say, Alex Smith, we're on our way. 

I don't think it's so and our receiving performance in Sunday's game agrees with me.

Every QB leaves plays on the field too (misses open receivers, throws to the short guy while the deep route is open).

I'm not agreeing to that.

• Haha (+1) 1

Tony’s way too late with this take.    Could have dropped it last year after the Ravens game, Steelers game, or Saints/Pats debacles

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

are they going to still insist Tyrod was better than prime Joe Montana on here 5 years down the road?

Russell Wilson they said ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I think the argument is that if everyone else had played a flawlessly perfect game, TT would be something like 21-37 with ~ 175 yds. Even though that's not very good, it's not quite as ****ty as his actual numbers, so go Tyrod.

I just addressed this ...  there would still be 16 uncatchable / throw away passes from Taylor/ How many open receivers were left holding their junk? 

So yes .. Please "Go Tyrod" to another team 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Taylor has a great arm, but it stops there. He has no anticipation and holds the ball way too long. I would be absolutely stunned if he's a Buffalo Bill next season. I'd be happier naming Peterman the starter today and not drafting a qb than bringing back Tyrod for another year. 3 years is enough

that would be ok with me but also taking mayfield rudolph if they fall to us.

57 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

he is right on.  I get the national media not getting it. If you see only a few flash plays of Taylor a week you get a much different picture.  If you watch him every play you understand he is the worst qb in the league 

Run him because make him be a QB is something he just is not. Horrible how teams laugh at the Bills when they say they made our QB be a QB.

Edited by xRUSHx

32 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Tyrod was a back up QB that has a few special talents. He can escape a lot of pressure. He can get a first down with his legs sometimes.

In a QB desperate year I can see why you would bring a guy like Tyrod to the team and see if he can rise to the next level. At the very least he can hold things together.

I think it's worth pointing out that when we brought in Tyrod, we had Roman here and a very specific plan on offense: run first, throw effective deep balls to put some fear into the secondary, have a QB who can extend plays with his legs and get the ball out in space.  And they hoped Tyrod would grow more as a passer, learn to recognize passing lanes and step up.

This year, we abandoned that offensive philosophy without abandoning a guy who was known to be very limited as a conventional QB.  I didn't and don't understand it, but the point is, it didn't and doesn't make sense to try to run a conventional WCO with Taylor.  And they could have gone after a couple of more conventional QB as FA (McCown, Keenum) - not top tier guys, no one expected either to do as well as they have, but both are better conventional QB than Taylor.

44 minutes ago, Lfod said:

This year it didn't work out for Tyrod. They didn't bench him because he was at the level they wanted. Doing the things they wanted. I don't know his future. I just see him as a backup quarter back with some natural talent that could make him great if he could transition. After a few years you figure the experiment is over.

This was the year for Tyrod Taylor. The defense was primed to keep him in every game. You only have to score more then 10 points to win a playoff game. He didn't want it bad enough. He wanted to play like a back up and manage the game and not play like a champion.

The other quarter back played like trash but he made it work enough to beat the Bills because the offense could only score 3 points. I don't think you plan having Tyrod start next year. I could only see him as a back up now.

Two Points : 

• You want absurd? The obsession of some people insisting Taylor is nothing more than a "back-up". You see this over and over, and it's never anything more than stupid. Newsflash : Taylor's floor is still high up into the bottom third of quarterbacks. That's the worst case. If he has any choice in the matter, he'll go where he can start. Also : No one will trade for him to be a back-up.  Ergo : Taylor will start, because he'll be a starting option for multiple teams. The "logic" for this "back-up" meme seems to be : "I don't like Taylor therefore he must be the 33rd worst quarterback in the league". That ain't very convincing logic.
  • This one never gets old : The "worst passer" Kornheiser has ever seen did this the 15 games (over two seasons) he had Woods and Watkins on the field : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 Ints

Gosh : Think what Taylor would have accomplished if he wasn't the worst ever in all of history....... Kinda boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Edited by grb

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's worth pointing out that when we brought in Tyrod, we had Roman here and a very specific plan on offense: run first, throw effective deep balls to put some fear into the secondary, have a QB who can extend plays with his legs and get the ball out in space.  And they hoped Tyrod would grow more as a passer, learn to recognize passing lanes and step up.

This year, we abandoned that offensive philosophy without abandoning a guy who was known to be very limited as a conventional QB.  I didn't and don't understand it, but the point is, it didn't and doesn't make sense to try to run a conventional WCO with Taylor.  And they could have gone after a couple of more conventional QB as FA (McCown, Keenum) - not top tier guys, no one expected either to do as well as they have, but both are better conventional QB than Taylor.

There was certainly a contingent that thought TT wasnt the right fit. But they were quickly silenced by the CoT who believed Roman and Lynn held back TT and he would be "unleashed" with Rico to average 175 passing yards per game.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Not saying Taylor was good. 1st half Bortles was horrendous. Yes, even worse than Taylor. Did you tune in at the half? 

Yes, second half Blake threw some nice passes. But c'mon even Taylor...heck even Peterman all the way to Brian Brohm can complete an 8 yards pass to a fullback. Though Peterman might be reluctant to try that again ?

13 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

Like I've been saying all year. I think most Bills fans are either wasted during the game or just check the box score after the game and draw conclusions.

This guy was obviously wasted.

This article isn’t about Bortles. It’s aboit Trod and how horrible he is, the worse.  And it’s true. 

If there was an article written comparing the two QBs. There would be none, Bortles is much better. But that’s not the point. 

Please stop making yourselves look foolish. 

3 minutes ago, grb said:

Two Points : 

• You want absurd? The obsession of some people insisting Taylor is nothing more than a "back-up". You see this over and over, and it's never anything more than stupid. Newsflash : Taylor's floor is still high up into the bottom third of quarterbacks. That's the worst case. If he has any choice in the matter, he'll go where he can start. Also : No one will trade for him to be a back-up.  Ergo : Taylor will start, because he'll be a starting option for multiple teams. The "logic" for this "back-up" meme seems to be : "I don't like Taylor therefore he must be the 33rd worst quarterback in the league". That ain't very convincing logic.
  • This one never gets old : The "worst passer" Kornheiser has ever seen did this the 15 games (over two seasons) he had Woods and Watkins on the field : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 Ints

Gosh : Think what Taylor would have accomplished if he wasn't the worst ever in all of history....... Kinda boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Hes garbage and it’s time to move on.   You finally agree right ? 

3 minutes ago, grb said:

Two Points : 

Worst ever in history is hyperbole or non-sense, but I still think Tyrod is a mediocre starter on a really good day and generally, yes, a pretty good backup.  Bottom third of NFL qbs are starters because there aren't 32 starter quality qbs in the NFL.  They should all be backups if it weren't for the dearth of quality at the position.