Bears kick off HC hiring with Chiefs OC Matt Nagy

YoloinOhio

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Certainly don’t expect a “bidding war.” Just mentioned the Chiefs/ Reid connection and his OC/HC aspirations. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article129402904.html

Just being funny/sarcastic

There will be no bidding war for TT/Petermans QB coach. Bills might need to throw in a pick to get people interested in considering him for another spot.....

4 hours ago, Manther said:

First half was really good play calling for KC.  2nd half, TERRIBLE.  I would guess and chalk it up to "rookie play caller" making mistakes.  Just my quick thought.

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

A lot of KC fans feel that Reid got involved in the play calling yesterday

Either way, no matter who was calling the offense...it was unbelievably dumb.  Lost the game.

How does the Chiefs FO not see what they have in Reid?  That stadium forever enjoyed a reputation as a "tough place to play".  Now it's a playoff road game cakewalk. 

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

How did it work out Saturday?  Up by three scores at the half?---lets stop running the ball!!

His offense never should have tipped that football back to Marcus.  they also shouldn't have given up all those run yards in the second half.  He also should have told his backup TE to catch the football when it hits him in the hands.

49 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

His offense never should have tipped that football back to Marcus.  they also shouldn't have given up all those run yards in the second half.  He also should have told his backup TE to catch the football when it hits him in the hands.

You really don't think he should have given the ball to the best RB in the NFL 20 more times to protect an 18 point second half league?

That doesn't make sense to you?  Come on!!

Seems kind of soon for Nagy to get a HCing job to me. He barely has 1/2 a season of play calling experience. 

How about that Andy Reid coaching Tree though, eh?

Matt Nagy

John Harbaugh

Doug Pederson

Sean McDermott

Ron Rivera

Steve Spagnuolo (current interim HC) 

all current NFL HC's.

As well as Leslie Frazier, Pat Shurmur, Brad Childress who were HC's at one time.

You could even even say that Todd Bowles is (somewhat) from Reid's coaching tree as I'm pretty sure Reid gave Bowles his first shot to be a defensive coordinator in the NFL. 

Yes THAT Kevin Kolb.  Interesting article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-matt-nagy-things-to-know-20180109-story.html

The Nagy rule

When Andy Reid was coach of the Eagles, he tried to sign then-intern Nagy as a quarterback after an injury to Kevin Kolb in August 2009. The NFL nixed that plan. Technically, Nagy was still under contract with the AFL. Also, NFL teams now can’t sign interns as players to remove the temptation to stash potential replacements for injured players on their staffs.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You really don't think he should have given the ball to the best RB in the NFL 20 more times to protect an 18 point second half league?

That doesn't make sense to you?  Come on!!

Couldn't hurt probably.

Are you saying the Marcus TD pass didn't matter to the outcome?

14 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Couldn't hurt probably.

Are you saying the Marcus TD pass didn't matter to the outcome?

EVERY Titans score mattered to the outcome!  That's why you seek to limit the oppositions scoring opportunities when you are protecting a 3 TD (essentially) second half lead!

I think Nagy will be a bust.  I think he is in over his head.  Besides his lack of experience (which is not the end all be all), I think he lacks a clear plan and direction.  

I think he has too much to learn on many levels.

This is the type of coach IMO will do well with the correct amount of seasoning as an OC or his 2nd HC position (if he gets a 2nd chance).  I think Nagy has potential, but, is in a bad situation for him.

Edited by Manther

10 minutes ago, Manther said:

I think Nagy will be a bust.  I think he is in over his head.  Besides his lack of experience (which is not the end all be all), I think he lacks a clear plan and direction.  

I think he has too much to learn on many levels.

This is the type of coach IMO will do well with the correct amount of seasoning as an OC or his 2nd HC position (if he gets a 2nd chance).  I think Nagy has potential, but, is in a bad situation for him.

Yeah I think its just too soon IMO. 

I mean, he was still an offensive quality control coach in 2011/2012, which is pretty much an entry level position (and doesn't really require doing any actual coaching). 

Then he was a quarterbacks coach from 2013-2015, and finally a co-offensive coordinator in 2016, and he never even called any plays until this season. I think he has called plays for maybe 8-10 games at most in his career so far. 

And now he's a head coach... 

Just seems like too much too soon to me. But Andy Reid had high praise for him so we will see I guess. I think he definitely has the potential to be a good head coach. I just wonder if he's had enough experience to be running a team so soon into his coaching career (especially with so little experience in coaching).  I've been wrong before, though. 

On 2018-01-08 at 9:10 PM, Limeaid said:

Yes THAT Kevin Kolb.  Interesting article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-matt-nagy-things-to-know-20180109-story.html

The Nagy rule

When Andy Reid was coach of the Eagles, he tried to sign then-intern Nagy as a quarterback after an injury to Kevin Kolb in August 2009. The NFL nixed that plan. Technically, Nagy was still under contract with the AFL. Also, NFL teams now can’t sign interns as players to remove the temptation to stash potential replacements for injured players on their staffs.

The Nagy Rule is interesting.

I am surprised the Pats* didn’t do this first.

Actually they probably did but since Brady only ever got hurt once it was probably the same year they didn’t have an intern 3rd stringer.