Predictions from ESPN Insiders (and me) for our 2018 starting QB

Peterman is a very coachable player.  Give him the offseason to watch film and work with coaches.  Should he choose to do this, I think he would be a interesting option come TC.  Then again he could do all that and still be no better and a 2nd string.  This will be an usually interesting off season for the Bills.

I just cannot see the bills pinning their hopes to a 5th round draft pick that threw 5 picks in his first game.   This is not to say that Peterman is not going to be on this team or even that he wont be given the opportunity to compete.

I know a lot of people lament over Tyrod's flaws.....but the fact of the matter is if we are going to move on from him then GET REAL NFL TALENT.....and for that matter double down....get a veteran qb and draft a QB high.

My prediction?   Alex Smith and we draft a QB high.....im not sure it will be Mayfield

13 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

I hope you’re right about Darnold.  

Some hope from the QB position after 3 years of suck would make me happy.  

Only 3 years? :lol:

Yeah, I really miss EJ, Fitz, JP, .... :lol:

7 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

But how much do you give up to get him???   We have talent holes all over this roster and not enough cap space to fill with FAs.  Maybe move up a little but giving up both first rounders, a second and next year 1st and 2nd is a lot of change for a QB.   

I was referring to the Browns.

My waaaaaayyyyy outside the lines scenario. Indy is sitting at 3 and will have a new coach. We trade 2 firsts and a second for Andrew Luck. Indy can get a new franchise qb picked by the new coach at 2 or 3 plus have a little more capital and we get a franchise qb.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Many of which can be found in free agency as solid players. Going after another stop gap QB or raw late 1st/2nd round QB, hoping they pan out is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

It's the same thing you hear every year. Too many holes to fill and media pundits say JP or EJ could be the best of the lot, a Bill Walsh endorsement of Trent Edwards not to mention all the veterans brought in that just need a good supporting cast.

The one thing the Bills haven't been doing is actually breaking the bank and going for the top available talent. It may not pan out but you gotta try.

This is totally how I feel.

Hyde and Poyer were absolute gems in Free Agency.  And Poyer was a Diamond in the rough.  I think with our Cap Space we're going to be pretty active in Free Agency anticipating we're going to give up some draft picks to move up in the 1st round of the draft.

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why not just sign Manziel or trade a 2094 7th rounder for Connor Cook?  Same end result.  

Really?

I think Mayfield is going to be a good NFL QB.  He's probably the guy I want 2nd most behind Darnold, though a distant 2nd and he's probably just lumped together with Rudolph and Allen, though Allen scares me.

One of my contacts close to the QB situation texted me this morning while I was in high level meetings, to paraphrase he said the following:

"Savior (obviously not my real name), if NP was starting yesterday the Bills probably would have won. But now the Taylor experiment is over and Beane is going full steam ahead with NP being the starter heading into 2018. Beane is in love with this kid but look for a few other power moves but no big name QB's drafted/signed"

If true this confirms my own thoughts that NP will likely be the guy and we'll sign another journeyman to compete and back him up.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

One of my contacts close to the QB situation texted me this morning while I was in high level meetings, to paraphrase he said the following:

"Savior (obviously not my real name), if NP was starting yesterday the Bills probably would have won. But now the Taylor experiment is over and Beane is going full steam ahead with NP being the starter heading into 2018. Beane is in love with this kid but look for a few other power moves but no big name QB's drafted/signed"

If true this confirms my own thoughts that NP will likely be the guy and we'll sign another journeyman to compete and back him up.

:huh:

12 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Beanes in love with a QB he didn’t draft?

Do you actually believe the stuff you make up?

Dunkirk Don>>>>>>>>>SaviorPeterman

15 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

200w.gif

Whose mans is this ? ??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Beanes in love with a QB he didn’t draft?

Do you actually believe the stuff you make up?

Dunkirk Don>>>>>>>>>SaviorPeterman

Yes in fact I posted about it months ago but here's a snipped from one of the articles:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_gm_brandon_beane_said_qb_nathan_peterman_is_better_than_expected.html

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- Brandon Beane didn't draft Nathan Peterman, but the Buffalo Bills' general manager still had an idea of what to expect from the team's 2017 fifth-round pick. 

The former Pittsburgh quarterback has been better than Beane anticipated.

"You know what, I wasn't here technically when he was picked," Beane said. "I did follow him. We thought well of him scouting him in Carolina. When I got here, he is better than I expected. The one thing you try to investigate and we only did so much research there, so I didn't know all the intangibles. This guy has the moxie, the pocket presence, the leadership. You see him talk to veteran players, young players, guys of different ranks. Everything. He seems to be natural. They seem to attract. That's what you're looking for in leaders and we know how important the quarterback position is and he's got a lot of that." 

Word on the street is that love has intensified and Beane was a major reason why McD benched TT for NP before the Chargers game.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

24 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Thanks Don.  How's Dunkirk?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes in fact I posted about it months ago but here's a snipped from one of the articles:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_gm_brandon_beane_said_qb_nathan_peterman_is_better_than_expected.html

Word on the street is that love has intensified and Beane was a major reason why McD benched TT for NP before the Chargers game.

Apparently you have trouble reading. Let me help, better than expected does not mean in love with. In fact it’s kind of a back handed compliment. 

There was no “love” there and there is no word on the street that it’s intensified, that’s just in your head.

Trade for Teddy Bridgewater or Alex Smith and draft with one of our First Round draft picks for Mason Rudolphi or Baker Mayfeilf. Let the Rookie sit behind just like what KC has done this year.

OR

Trade our 2 First Round picks and maybe a 2nd and Go after Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen or Josh Allen. 

I cant think of anything else that would be realistic because Tyrod Tylor and Nathan Peterman are not the answer.