Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Let's just give the kid a shot? I mean, the team already made the playoffs, so the drought is over, right? Let's take a few years (or decades!) trying to develop mid and late round QB prospects...we got all the time in the world, kids.

2 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

I don’t hate the kid, I think he’s got a good head on his shoulders. I just think his arm strength is weak. He doesn’t hit those outside routes with enough zip. 

Possible, but I don't think the pick lacked zip. The DB is one of the best in the league. I give him some credit.

2 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

I don’t hate the kid, I think he’s got a good head on his shoulders. I just think his arm strength is weak. He doesn’t hit those outside routes with enough zip. 

I can't question that, but I would like to think that if this is the case, the coaches will know not to have him as a backup next year.  However I like his game so far for a 5th rounder

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Let's just give the kid a shot? I mean, the team already made the playoffs, so the drought is over, right? Let's take a few years (or decades!) trying to develop mid and late round QB prospects...we got all the time in the world, kids.

The best quarterback on the roster will be the starting QB. No one will be handed the job. Could be Peterman, Alex Smith or another veteran, or a rookie.

19 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm with you on this. Do I think Peterman will be a star in this league? Probably not. Do I think there is a chance..and a chance that he can be a very good start in the NFL? Yep, I think there is  a chance.

Draft a QB next year, bring in a vet, and have them compete with Peterman.  

The problem was never Peterman. He has talent. He's a pocket passer that requires a pocket Oline. We have an oline used to protecting a scrambling qb. We need to overhaul this oline. Draft another high round pocket passer to go with Nate. Then start moving pieces around on the Oline.

Just now, Green Lightning said:

That was a hell of a defensive play. Pass a bit high but a great D play. He connected on a 4th and long earlier. I think he's got upside. 

Thing is, with a kid like this, you just never know. I like the look in his eye though. You can't teach that, and this kid has it. Lot's to look forward to with this Peterman kid.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

That was a hell of a defensive play. Pass a bit high but a great D play. He connected on a 4th and long earlier. I think he's got upside. 

You're not supposed to give the best corner in the NFL credit for an amazing play. It's all because Peterman is terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

You're not supposed to give the best corner in the NFL credit for an amazing play. It's all because Peterman is terrible.

It's because the defense can anticipate a quick throw with no fear of getting beat deep.  All aboard the Peterman express train every time he throws a pick.  He's not good. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The best quarterback on the roster will be the starting QB. No one will be handed the job. Could be Peterman, Alex Smith or another veteran, or a rookie.

Yeah, I was thinking the same way. NO favorites, let the kid get his shot!

I wouldn't care if we had Darnold AND Rosen in training camp, you would still have to give this Peterman kid his shot.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's because the defense can anticipate a quick throw with no fear of getting beat deep.  All aboard the Peterman express train every time he throws a pick.  He's not good. 

Yep, the rookie was supposed to come into the game and torch the best passing defense in the NFL deep. I'm sure it was totally available!

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Yet.... 

You got him there!!

I always think back to Brian Brohm, and what could have been , if the kid was just given a chance to develop. I don't wanna see that happen to this Peterman kid, too.

Edited by OJABBA

34 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

People act like the kid wasn't a 5th round pick. Let the kid get a off-season to work on his game. Yeah the LA game was a debacle, he played well in a blizzard. Give him time to develop. I'm not opposed to drafting another QB which their are no guarantees will be successful. I would love to see our qb room contain (Peterman, & Rudolph).

So it takes an act of God to get a passable game from Peterman?

I think people get excited to see a guy who throws a good pass from the pocket on a timing route.  It’s something that Tyrod doesn’t do very often.  I get it. However, Peterman lacks presence in the pocket and looks like he has a weak arm.  Those things just don’t improve much for QBs, and honestly that is a really bad combo unless you’ve got the best OL in the NFL.  That’s also why he has thrown so many picks in so few throws: bad presence in the pocket combined with weak armed throws under pressure.  It’s not hate, it’s just what he is and it’s not a NFL caliber QB.

14 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

I agree with this ☝? He just doesn’t have the arm strength.