Silver lining

Don't know if I should reply to this or start a new thread about pouring salt on Doug Whaley's wounds and needing a fresh start. 

Here are the top salary cap players heading into the 2017 season:

Marcel Dareus

Jerry Hughes

LeSean McCoy

Cordy Glenn

Tyrod Taylor

Charles Clay

The money tied up with these players contracts severely hampered the team's ability to add or keep FAs in 2016 & 2017.

So while many were up in arms about Bills tossing talent overboard this year, none of those players other than Shady were the difference makers this season.. What's worse, is that all these players came up small in the first week of the playoffs (and yes, I'm looking at you Sammy Watkins).

So spare me the season's worth of crying about the process and how McDermott has gutted the core.   That core was rotten, and it's time to keep cleaning out the rot.

26 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

The silver lining is that Tyrod did the career equivalent of burning his starting QB job bridge for the entire league to see.  No way hes back.

This!

Face it, thhe game was nothing more than a bump along the road to what would have been a sure crushing by the Patriots.  I, for one, am praying that OBD doesn't get blinded by the end of the drought euphoria to miss the fact that Tyrod is NEVER going to take this team anywhere.

10 minutes ago, GG said:

Don't know if I should reply to this or start a new thread about pouring salt on Doug Whaley's wounds and needing a fresh start. 

Here are the top salary cap players heading into the 2017 season:

Marcel Dareus

Jerry Hughes

LeSean McCoy

Cordy Glenn

Tyrod Taylor

Charles Clay

The money tied up with these players contracts severely hampered the team's ability to add or keep FAs in 2016 & 2017.

So while many were up in arms about Bills tossing talent overboard this year, none of those players other than Shady were the difference makers this season.. What's worse, is that all these players came up small in the first week of the playoffs (and yes, I'm looking at you Sammy Watkins).

So spare me the season's worth of crying about the process and how McDermott has gutted the core.   That core was rotten, and it's time to keep cleaning out the rot.

Heading into 2017?

Time machine?

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

Heading into 2017?

Time machine?

Yes, 2017.  These were deemed key players to build the franchise around and why they were signed for the big dollars.

How many will be there in 2018, and how many will be missed?  Other than Shady, you can lop off the entire list and not miss a beat.