Packers Hiring Brian Gutekunst as Next GM

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Does this leave a bad taste in the mouth of Eliot Wolf and does he now seek employment elsewhere?

Everyone just assumed he was the successor in waiting. I would expect him to interview in other places shortly..... but if the Franchise you have grown up in passes you over that isn't a great look.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Everyone just assumed he was the successor in waiting. I would expect him to interview in other places shortly..... but if the Franchise you have grown up in passes you over that isn't a great look.

I am very surprised it is not Eliot Wolf.  And, 35 years later it is still fun to say Elllllll EEEE ot!!

Image result for et gif

• Like (+1) 1

In addition to announcing Gutekunst’s promotion to the top job in the personnel departement, the Packers also announced a couple of other changes. One is the promotion of Russ Ball, who was also up for the job, to executive vice president/director of football operations.

Gutekunst will have control over all roster decisions while Ball will continue to work as the team’s contract negotiator “while continuing to oversee several areas in football operations.” The Packers also announced that both men and coach Mike McCarthy will directly report to team president and CEO Mark Murphy in a change from the way the team has done business in the past.

Eliot Wolf was not mentioned in the release and his title was director of football operations so there may be some more moves to come as the Packers reorganize their front office after Ted Thompson’s move out of the G.M. chair.