[Please Change Title]Mularkey

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

We are backing up a bit but as I recall that was the year Wilson brought Marv back as a GM. The GM who went on to pick Jerkron.

Not sure what happened but he is still my favorite coach since Wade and I figured some crazy , Old Man Wilson BS went on behind the scenes to cause that to happen.

Ralph fired Donahoe, who had hired both Williams and Mularkey when they were on no one else’s radar. I always felt Donahoe did so because he lost a power struggle with Cower in Pittsburgh. He hired them as HC so they owed him. When Marv was named GM he told Mularkey he would be retained, Mularkey then quit. Why? Was Marv so inferior to Donahoe? Which one os in the HOF?

3 hours ago, offyourocker said:

If Mularkey gets canned. Do we want him as an OC.  He has a good history of success in that position.  

Mularkey saved his job two weeks in a row.  There was speculation that he will be canned if he did not make the playoffs...he did

There was speculation earlier today that he will be let go if he did not win a  road playoff game @ KC.....he did 

Now, will he get another ultimatum to beat the Patriots or Steelers  else...get your pink slip?

4 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Ralph fired Donahoe, who had hired both Williams and Mularkey when they were on no one else’s radar. I always felt Donahoe did so because he lost a power struggle with Cower in Pittsburgh. He hired them as HC so they owed him. When Marv was named GM he told Mularkey he would be retained, Mularkey then quit. Why? Was Marv so inferior to Donahoe? Which one os in the HOF?

Mularkey quit because he was told that Bledsoe would not be the QB moving forward....and Mularkey had no reason to wait and see Losman explode...He knew what he was getting in Losman

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Mularkey saved his job two weeks in a row.  There was speculation that he will be canned if he did not make the playoffs...he did

There was speculation earlier today that he will be let go if he did not win a  road playoff game @ KC.....he did 

Now, will he get another ultimatum to beat the Patriots or Steelers  else...get your pink slip?

If he does that's bull ****

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Mularkey quit because he was told that Bledsoe would not be the QB moving forward....and Mularkey had no reason to wait and see Losman explode...He knew what he was getting in Losman

Mularkey named Losman as the starting QBs for 2005. Bleadsoe then demanded his release. Try using Google to check facts.

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Mularkey was 18-14 in 2 seasons and he's on the chopping block unless he wins a playoff game? 

The NFL is churning through HCs so quickly teams may as well treat them like auto insurance: having 6 month agreement terms. 

Yet Hue Jackson's job is safe

1 minute ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Why? Why even try convince yourself this is even close to being a reasonable scenario? Why reach like this? Deep down you must know how ridiculous this is. Right?

Wait,im confused context wanted.

8 hours ago, chris heff said:

Marv is the HOF as a coach not a GM. Say what you want but Donahoe miles better as a GM. As he's done good things in Pittsburgh and Philly. I think he's biggest mistake he was rolling the dice on Magahee or maybe Mike Williams instead McKinnie. Yet Marv's list is a lot longer.

7 hours ago, chris heff said:

This is conjecture, but I think what happened was Mularkey realized that he had made a mistake by going all in on Losman. That is why he bailed.

...because of what he gave up to get him, I'd bet the egotistical El Presidente Donohole set forth the edict to start him LONG before he was ready to escape the heat....

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Marv is the HOF as a coach not a GM. Say what you want but Donahoe miles better as a GM. As he's done good things in Pittsburgh and Philly. I think he's biggest mistake he was rolling the dice on Magahee or maybe Mike Williams instead McKinnie. Yet Marv's list is a lot longer.

Tom Donahoe is a HOF jerk. I would have fired him when he blamed the fans for his mistake in hiring Gregg Williams resulting in having to fire him. History has demonstrated what a bad hire that was. You forgot Lee Evans and trading up for Losman. You’re right Marv was not a good GM. Ralph panicked and went to his comfort zone. The one constant for fifty plus years was Ralph Wilson. Mularkey new that when he took the job, as did Lou Saban, twice, Chuck Knox and Marv Levy, the only Bills coaches that accomplished anything. Mularkey left because he knew Losman was not an NFL QB.