Panthers Extend HC Ron Rivera for Two Years, $15.5M

Interesting move given the ownership change.  I guess it gets him through the transition.  Once a new owner is in place he then gets to reassess his options assuming the new owner wants him there.  These guys make a lot of money but climbing that hill and living that lifestyle has to take its toll.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Interesting move given the ownership change.  I guess it gets him through the transition.  Once a new owner is in place he then gets to reassess his options assuming the new owner wants him there.  These guys make a lot of money but climbing that hill and living that lifestyle has to take its toll.

Given that his side of the ball is still playing at a high level, this makes sense from a football perspective.  For some, their work is their passion.  When that happens it doesn't feel like work.  I know what you're saying because for me there's other things more important than my work, but I'm not passionate about it.  I do find it fascinating when someone does love their work that much because I can't relate.