Del Reid & Darryl Talley Explain Why Bills' Fans are About More than Smashing Tables

I replied in Golics thing yesterday if he wanted to be part of Bills Mafia, he had to go the origins of Bills Mafia, and @ mentioned both Del Reid and 26 Shirts. Has always bothered me that somehow idiots jumping through tables has co-opted Bills Mafia and why and how it was started.

20 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

That's one guy I always admired and would love to have a few beers with.

When I was a kid, I played pee wee football...or whatever they call it now...for CSRA in Hamburg.  The last year I played, probably around 1992, Talley's daughter was a cheerleader for the youngest squad so he came to the year end banquet.  My Dad still talks about how much fun he and the other fathers had sitting around drinking beers with him that night.  He was such a down to earth, relatable, funny guy. 

RE: the OP - I'm happy to see this story on a national level to show that being a Bills fan is about so much more than all of the silliness that has been publicized over the past few years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I met Daryl Talley at the Falcons game.  I couldn't believe he was sitting close to me.

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

That's one guy I always admired and would love to have a few beers with.

I sat in the row in front of him on a flight from Buffalo right after JK’s wedding.  I always loved Dan Marino’s quote about him:

When Marino was asked “What player would score you the most if he was coming after you without a helmet?”  Marino’s response was “Daryl Talley.”

• Like (+1) 1