(OT) ESPN II's COLD PIZZA

F'ing google...

ESPN2's Cold Pizza, a morning show averaging 0.1% of cable TV households, is being repositioned to be more focused on — believe it or not! — sports news. After Friday, co-host Kit Hoover, an MTV alumna, will leave the show for new roles on ESPN original programming. Also after today, Thea Andrews will move on to co-hosting ESPN2's new ESPN Hollywood. Andrews, an actress on ESPN's Playmaker series before becoming a reporter and host on Pizza, still will occasionally report from Hollywood for Pizza.

268204[/snapback]

Forget that, Thea was the reason I watched.

CNN Headline News better keep the lovely Robin Meade on in the mornings or there won't be much reason to even turn the TV on.

I guess we'll all have to watch ESPN Hollywood now. ESPN has really been ticking me off in general lately. Don't they realize the only reason people watched Cold Pizza was for Thea and Kit Hoover?? It's certainly not to hear Woody Paige and Skip Bayless scream moronic insults at each other.

Another thing about ESPN...SportsCenter in the late 80s/early 90s was GREAT. You had straight-up, professional reporting with solid anchors (Bob Ley, Charley Steiner, et al) and PLENTY of highlights. During the past 4-5 years SportsCenter has slowly turned into a stand-up/variety hour centered around sports. Highlights optional.

I get the feeling that somewhere along the way, the producers of the show decided to make it all about the anchors rather than the news and the highlights, which is why I (and many others) fell in love with the show years ago. I suppose this all started during the Patrick/Olbermann/Kilborn/Eisen era in the mid 90s but here's the difference between those guys and the tools they have on there today...THEY WERE ACTUALLY FUNNY. Not to mention it was still a solid sports show despite the hijinks.

Now you have dorks like Scott Van Pelt making Seinfeld references every other minute, John Anderson screaming "SAY HELLO TO MY LIL FRIEND" among other annoying things. The show also relies too much on cutesy features like Budweiser Hot Seat.

Solid reporters like David Aldridge have jumped ship (Aldridge is now on TNT) and have been replaced by the more bombastic Stephen A. Smith. Even Clayton has turned into a joke during that 4th down crap with Salisbury.

Basically the whole thing is crap. I read a quote from Olbermann not too long ago saying that he and Patrick started the whole thing and if they knew how it would've turned out, they never would've done it.

I miss the old ESPN and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

Forget that, Thea was the reason I watched.

CNN Headline News better keep the lovely Robin Meade on in the mornings or there won't be much reason to even turn the TV on.

268221[/snapback]

You could watch Fox News. They're fair and balanced.

Basically the whole thing is crap.  I read a quote from Olbermann not too long ago saying that he and Patrick started the whole thing and if they knew how it would've turned out, they never would've done it.

Done what? Try to be funny? I agree that the new guys are cookie-cutter impersonators at best. The whole thing is becoming like MTV, and I think they're leaving the real "news" to "ESPNews."

Done what?  Try to be funny?  I agree that the new guys are cookie-cutter impersonators at best.  The whole thing is becoming like MTV, and I think they're leaving the real "news" to "ESPNews."

268291[/snapback]

Yes, Olbermann stated that he and Patrick would never have played the role of anchor/comedian if he had known how it would've turned out. Sorry bout that, I should've been more specific. I agree though, it seems as if the professional/non-wacky reporting is left for ESPNews. Ah well.

I get the feeling that somewhere along the way, the producers of the show decided to make it all about the anchors rather than the news and the highlights, which is why I (and many others) fell in love with the show years ago.  I suppose this all started during the Patrick/Olbermann/Kilborn/Eisen era in the mid 90s but here's the difference between those guys and the tools they have on there today...THEY WERE ACTUALLY FUNNY.  Not to mention it was still a solid sports show despite the hijinks.

Now you have dorks like Scott Van Pelt making Seinfeld references every other minute, John Anderson screaming "SAY HELLO TO MY LIL FRIEND" among other annoying things.  The show also relies too much on cutesy features like Budweiser Hot Seat.

268241[/snapback]

I cant agree with you more. Kilborn was always my favorite. Now they (Sportscenter) have Fred Hickman who was the anchorman for the YES network replacing the other black guy who is now an anchorman for Entertainment Tonite.

Thea Andrews was/is mad hot. Kit annoys me to death. Woody Paige I can tolerate, Skip Bayless is a poser who believes that by utilizing his sports knowledge that he may get the chance to get laid.

I wasnt too high on her face but I found myself always lookin at her legs. That new girl sucks, watch the expressions she makes when she does interviews, in one ear out the other with a hint of "I wish I knew what he was talkin about".

268846[/snapback]

If your talking about Dana Jacobsen, you couldnt be more wrong. The girl knows her sports! Listening to her on Mike & Mike was a thrill, and then seeing her, she's not hard on the eyes. I dont know what face or look your referring to, but Jacobsen is a solid reporter.

If your talking about Dana Jacobsen, you couldnt be more wrong. The girl knows her sports! Listening to her on Mike & Mike was a thrill, and then seeing her, she's not hard on the eyes. I dont know what face or look your referring to, but Jacobsen is a solid reporter.

269398[/snapback]

I am not sure who was on there today, but that lady looked like Bill Romanoski in drag.

Yuck. Maybe she knows her sports, but so did Thea. And she was hot.

That dog they have on now has a face for radio, if you know what I mean.

Please bring back Thea!

QUOTE(Puhonix @ Mar 10 2005, 03:16 PM)

Im not even talkin about her, the one philburger1 up there mentioned.