Embrace your inner EII, tangential meanderings are welcome here

Cripple Creek

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself;
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)" 
~Whitman

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines... Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day... To be great is to be misunderstood.”   ~Emerson

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

19 hours ago, joesixpack said:

So I was considering the hydrological impact of making rivers flow backwards and it dawned on me that Asian carp are the answer to all the questions facing humanity today.

Have you even considered asking EII about this? I heard he works for the sewer authority or something (and that still requires a rudimentary understanding of how liquids flow). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, joesixpack said:

So I was considering the hydrological impact of making rivers flow backwards and it dawned on me that Asian carp are the answer to all the questions facing humanity today.

That and the prevention of cholera.  One doesn't wanna face those questions with a bad bout of diarrhea.

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Have you even considered asking EII about this? I heard he works for the sewer authority or something (and that still requires a rudimentary understanding of how liquids flow). 

See Counsel, now... We are thinking!!!!

**** rolls down hill!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tom Brady lost and cried again.   I cheered!!! 

Did the stinkin' Cheaters shake hands or did they run for the Locker room as sore losers, again?

Maybe, just maybe the teams that will beat NE** in SuperBowls are the one's that their "fans" ran to years ago when the Patriots** sucked and couldn't fill their own stadium and needed a loan from Ralph to keep the team in New England & solvent.  You know, the era when the Pats** current owner reveled in ripping off the previous owners by squeezing 8 people into game on 4 season tickets.

The teams that beat The Cheatriots:

Giants (2-0)

Eagles (1-1; probably cheated in the NE** win)

Of course the "classic" teams:

Bears

Packers

Maybe the "Racist Team from DC" can beat them and throw their name in the hat.

Carolina didn't exist back in day or Pats** or the stinkin' fans would have ran there and the Panthers would have won that Super Bowl.

Atlanta, Seattle, and St.Louis too far from Boston... Cheatriot Fans would never jump ship for those teams.

How's that for a gr8 on topic post! :D

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Did the stinkin' Cheaters shake hands or did they run for the Locker room as sore losers, again?

Tom Brady did head hanging low.  

Later seen crying with his wife after the game.  

Look up SB memes 

Mumbly puss grumbled how they didn’t play very well. Etc etc 

And Putrid fans were complaining about the Refs (with two whole penalties in the last two games). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tom Brady did head hanging low.  

Later seen crying with his wife after the game.  

Look up SB memes 

Mumbly puss grumbled how they didn’t play very well. Etc etc 

And Putrid fans were complaining about the Refs (with two whole penalties in the last two games). 

Me like!!!! 

Sounds like a pefect day!

• Haha (+1) 2

I have a coupon where today is listed as the expiration date.  I've never figured out if that means I can still use it today or not.  I guess this will be the day where I find out the truth.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

I have a coupon where today is listed as the expiration date.  I've never figured out if that means I can still use it today or not.  I guess this will be the day where I find out the truth.

Does it really matter?

Use it afterwards... Just ask if they will honor it... Many places will.

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I don't believe for one second that Gronkowski was crying after that game.

Gronk was crying when he found out his castle got broken into when he was @ the SB.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Use it afterwards... Just ask if they will honor it... Many places will.

not where I usually shop.     

Gronk was crying when he found out his castle got broken into?

AWWWE  get a freaking security system  you big wussy.  It's not like he couldn't afford it.  

Or were you referring to his backside?  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

I've been a member of this place since 2003 and I feel like I post pretty regularly.  How is it my post count is still around 7,500?  I think somebody's messing with my numbers.

I know what you mean.  My post count seems awfully low...

• Haha (+1) 1