Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

I'd really love to hear commentary on this from the two guys who were fired after the whole deflation saga.  Those guy's thoughts on Brady were comedy gold... Ok, I don't want to actually hear them,  you know, accent and all.  Just give me more texts.  It's too bad they were given a bunch of money so that they'd never be heard from again.

Willie mcginiss was likely a source. Just a feeling. His name was brought up once and couldn't be ignored. But he wasn't quoted. He works for the media. You know he was spoken to since he introduced geeairmo and Brady. 

Just a feeling. 

I still think Guerrero is handing out designer, undectectable PEDs to Brady and Gronk. 

I found the part hilarious where Jimmy G tried to set up the appt with Guerrero and when he got to the TB12 building the door was locked and no one was there. I picture Tommy peeking through the blinds cackling. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think Guerrero is handing out designer, undectectable PEDs to Brady and Gronk. 

I found the part hilarious where Jimmy G tried to set up the appt with Guerrero and when he got to the TB12 building the door was locked and no one was there. I picture Tommy peeking through the blinds cackling. 

This will be an ESPN 30 for 30 one day.  

That's insane to me that a Brady didn't allow a teammate, especially one that he's supposed to mentor, in his facility.  That's like mind blowing to me.  Something major is up.

Brady has cap hits of 22 mil each season. He is getting an extension this offseason so he is not going anywhere. Bellichick is grooming his 2 sons on staff. He isnt going anywhere.

Seth wickerham writes nice stories without any factual basis. His last one had people talking then it was forgotten about. 

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Is Guerrero the one who convinced Brady that drinking enough water prevents sunburn? 

Brady is fully complicit with the whole thing.  That's the only way you ever get that cult up and running.

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

If, and obviously this is no guarantee, we get to them next week, then I’d love to rush 3 or 4 all day again and let him stand back there.  The guy can still beat the blitz — the first third down of the second half in the game here was a good illustration of that — but maybe he’s beat up and getting a little skittish.  KC showed the world how to beat this incarnation of the pats.  Rope a dope Brady, attack the edges of their d with speed, and have your qb make a couple of plays.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the pats win the super bowl, and it also wouldnt surprise me if they lay an egg at home.

Yea almost forgot about KC, but Brady did bounce back and play at an MVP level for the next 9-10 games or so , maybe it is the hits catching up to him , but it's been very obvious to me,in the 4 games I saw of his in the final 5 weeks, @Buf,Mia, NYJ and home vs Buf, something was not right with him , skiddish and uncomfortable. 

Miami especially made him look bad with no Gronk, 1/12 or something on 3rd down! Watch our two games versus NE , multiple drives resulting in points were because Gronk is a Beast and made some great catches versus good-great coverage. 

51 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

yes, and you KNOW Belichick is smarter than that.  He knows that it isnt easy to develop these guys (Hoyer, Mallette, Cassel, etc...).  He had to have wanted to move on from Brady.  I would, and as a Bills fan, I was hoping that the Patriots wouldnt

They had the perfect succession plan in place and blew it.  :beer:

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Brady has cap hits of 22 mil each season. He is getting an extension this offseason so he is not going anywhere. Bellichick is grooming his 2 sons on staff. He isnt going anywhere.

Seth wickerham writes nice stories without any factual basis. His last one had people talking then it was forgotten about. 

So then Belichick was ok with trading Jimmy G for a 2nd after turning down higher offers last spring? Must be because he knows there’s no drop off between him and Hoyer. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was petty if true - but maybe in Jimmy G's long term best interest. 

The stuff about "Brady was angrier and more irritable than usual, as has often been the case this season in the eyes of some Patriots players and staff.": I read that and thought 'side-effect of PED'.

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Yea almost forgot about KC, but Brady did bounce back and play at an MVP level for the next 9-10 games or so , maybe it is the hits catching up to him , but it's been very obvious to me,in the 4 games I saw of his in the final 5 weeks, @Buf,Mia, NYJ and home vs Buf, something was not right with him , skiddish and uncomfortable. 

Miami especially made him look bad with no Gronk, 1/12 or something on 3rd down! Watch our two games versus NE , multiple drives resulting in points were because Gronk is a Beast and made some great catches versus good-great coverage. 

Gronk has been bailing Brady out this season, no question.  Knock Gronk out and Brady looks awfully human.

30 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Willie mcginiss was likely a source. Just a feeling. His name was brought up once and couldn't be ignored. But he wasn't quoted. He works for the media. You know he was spoken to since he introduced geeairmo and Brady. 

Just a feeling. 

I'm not as sure about this.  Willie McGinest spent the majority of his career, along with Bruschi who spent his entire career, with the Pats and won SBs with them.  I think their loyalty to the Pats and Kraft runs deeper than their broadcasting career.  I'd be surprised if they turned on their alma mater for a story they won't even get credit for.  There are a number of others in the organization, non-players most likely, who would leak this kind of info, imo.

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This will be an ESPN 30 for 30 one day.  

That's insane to me that a Brady didn't allow a teammate, especially one that he's supposed to mentor, in his facility.  That's like mind blowing to me.  Something major is up.

A little surprising, maybe. Not mind blowing. This happens all the time in professional sports. Aggression from the veteran towards the young replacement. That's the base of it all.

The article portrayed an atmosphere of excitement around Jimmy G and this caused Brady (and his trainer) to go into survival mode. 

The incident with Jimmy getting locked out of the TB12 facility may have been more of Guerrero's doing and not Brady's, anyway. 

This story definitely favors Belichick, I think. He wasn't doing anything out of the norm (at least in Belichick World) and Brady/Kraft were finally trying to push back for personal reasons.

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Every time there has been an amazing athletic performance, one that blows away the previous standards, it always comes out later that there was cheating involved. I expect the same will be revealed with the Patriots.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right, because it's probably even worse than what you read.

10 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Really.  Do tell.  They might - now.

I think Belicheck's intention at the start of the season was to not go anywhere - groom his sons, transition from Brady to Garrappolo, etc.  The point of that article is: that may have changed.

It's entirely believable that the Jimmy G trade was ordered from over Belicheck's head.  Trading Jimmy G for a 2nd just before the trade deadline, after dealing Brissett to the Colts and leaving the Pats with no backup temporarily, is entirely against Belicheck's pattern of "buy low sell high" when it comes to players - which would have him trading or cutting Brady after this season just as he traded Bledsoe to the Bills for a 1st round pick after Brady took over, at a point where Bledsoe was the franchise's top quarterback in completions, attempts and yards for a game, a season and a career - but was 30 years old.   The telling quote is right here: "The Patriots repeatedly offered Garoppolo four-year contract extensions, in the $17 million to $18 million range annually that would go higher if and when he succeeded Brady. Garoppolo and Yee rejected the offers out of hand, for reasons that remain unclear, and the Patriots knew they couldn't make any promises to Garoppolo about the timing of a transition at quarterback without it getting back to Brady."

Let's let that sink in a minute: Garappolo, a 4th-year player with 2 career starts,  is offered a 4 year contract that would pay him within spitting distance of Tom Brady, pay him as a mid-range starter #17 or so, and immediately rejects it.  "reasons that remain unclear", my aunt's left elbow: the reasons are 100% clear, he wants to start.  And he probably SHOULD be starting for NE, right after this season if not during it.  Brady is visibly slipping.    The Pats are not offering Garappolo that contract unless they are confident he could replace Brady at any moment.  No team pays $40k+ per year to their QBs for 4 years.  

If the Pats are willing to offer Garappolo that contract, they were ready to move on from Brady.  That Garappolo was traded instead, screams "power struggle that Belicheck lost", independent of anything else.

The smart betting is that the trade involved a couple of under-the-table handshakes - one that the 49ers would release Hoyer and he would sign with NE (about the only mid-season acquisition who could come in knowing the system enough to be realistic), the other that Jimmy G will re-sign with the 49ers for a reasonable deal so please folks who think Jimmy G will be a FA - give that up, please.

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

In the article they say Belichick still has a grudge against the Jets for how they treated him

How THEY treated HIM?  It's not they wrote "You're fired" on a napkin 15 minutes in to the press conference announcing he was head coach...