Sessions — you idiot

27 minutes ago, Paulus said:

ITT: "Constitutional experts" who don't know who controls the DEA...

There are quite a few of em'. Some posters really suprised me with their stupidity (not gonna name names- but, you know who ya are). The stupid anals of all time. 

A lot of people argue as experts when what they’re doing is googling it as they go. I don’t think they’ve made it that far yet because I haven’t specifically brought it up. 

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're an idiot.

I’m sure it’s clear what’s what by now. You have a good one — playoff football is on and I don’t like arguing when I’m practicing my inalienable rights. HAF?

Edited by The_Dude

4 hours ago, Paulus said:

ITT: "Constitutional experts" who don't know who controls the DEA...

There are quite a few of em'. Some posters really suprised me with their stupidity (not gonna name names- but, you know who ya are). The stupid anals of all time. 

We're not arguing "who controls the DEA."  We're arguing which branch of government WRITES LAWS.

Hint: it's not the DEA, or the Attorney General, or the President.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

We're not arguing "who controls the DEA."  We're arguing which branch of government WRITES LAWS.

The mental gymnastics people go through in order to protect Congress from having to actually legislate never ceases to amaze me.

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The mental gymnastics people go through in order to protect Congress from having to actually legislate never ceases to amaze me.

Actually, more so than that I think they are afraid of an actual vote, but think they can get what they want through the  SCOTUS or fiat. They always want to go the shortcut route.

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Actually, more so than that I think they are afraid of an actual vote, but think they can get what they want through the  SCOTUS or fiat. They always want to go the shortcut route.

It's not even that they're afraid of a vote.  It's that it takes too long, and I WANT IT NOW, DAMMIT, NOW!!!!

Because people are suffering, and the issue is too critical to spend time debating it in the legislature, so we need a strong leader enabled to make these decisions.  Same justification used for fascism in the 20's.  

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You disappointed more than the other dolts. Sure, congress can TAKE BACK the control they gave away, but it is still not their power, RIGHT NOW.

I think a few of you do know what the DEA does, and what controls em'. You guys are just barking up the wrong tree because of political/moral bias. Any objective person knows yall is either a trolling or is a Simple Jack.

11 hours ago, The_Dude said:

A lot of people argue as experts when what they’re doing is googling it as they go. I don’t think they’ve made it that far yet because I haven’t specifically brought it up. 

Maybe. But, I think there are a good chunk of folks, on this message board, who know how things work. They just choose to argue things, even when they know they're full of poopie. 

7 hours ago, Paulus said:

You disappointed more than the other dolts. Sure, congress can TAKE BACK the control they gave away, but it is still not their power, RIGHT NOW.

I think a few of you do know what the DEA does, and what controls em'. You guys are just barking up the wrong tree because of political/moral bias. Any objective person knows yall is either a trolling or is a Simple Jack.

Maybe. But, I think there are a good chunk of folks, on this message board, who know how things work. They just choose to argue things, even when they know they're full of poopie. 

Are you serious, or just drunk-posting?

4 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Are you serious, or just drunk-posting?

Both Paulus and The Dude are pretty obsessed with making weed legal or removing penalties for its use. They seem to individually take turns somewhat coherently making a !@#$ed up case for their points of view and then going off the deep end to do so. Do you actually think it's alcohol that's involved?

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Both Paulus and The Dude are pretty obsessed with making weed legal or removing penalties for its use. They seem to individually take turns somewhat coherently making a !@#$ed up case for their points of view and then going off the deep end to do so. Do you actually think it's alcohol that's involved?

Maybe - I'm giving Paulus the benefit of the doubt for the moment. I support legalized marijuana too, but I don't let my bias interfere with my understanding of how the legislative process works within the framework of the constitution.  The_Dude on the other hand is simply ignoring facts in order to continue his self-righteous rant.

Some people are still screaming helplessly at the sky, apparently.

21 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Maybe - I'm giving Paulus the benefit of the doubt for the moment. I support legalized marijuana too, but I don't let my bias interfere with my understanding of how the legislative process works within the framework of the constitution.  The_Dude on the other hand is simply ignoring facts in order to continue his self-righteous rant.

Some people are still screaming helplessly at the sky, apparently.

These guys are making it about the merits of weed rather than the law. I personally don't give a rat's ass whether it's made legal or not. I do care that we follow our laws or change them to suit the times, not have the times determine whether or not we follow the law.

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

When is it their power to amend the law?

Umm... The power they were given by Congress to control scheduling. 

"Two federal agencies, the Drug Enforcement Administration(DEA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), determine which substances are added to or removed from the various schedules, although the statute passed by Congress created the initial listing."

Come on here, you guys are making me question myself. Every time I double check elsewhere, it reaffirms my position. 

I mean, I don't claim that Congress cannot change the power they have give the DEA, but are you people really that unfamiliar with how gubment works? I'm just trying to find the disconnect here. 

Just now, Paulus said:

tumblr_o763jm9zg81tmajsto1_500.gif

I'll just put this down as a nomination for "Flawless Victory of the Year." 

**no point in arguing Constitutional Law with alcoholics**

What?

I confess, I was done with this thread a couple days ago.

42 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I've just been sitting here laughing to myself about a couple of self described "libertarians" advocating for a facist approach to governing because apparently coherent philosophies go right out the window when you really wanna get high, like, now man...

ermac-mortal-kombat-animated-gif-3.gif

It is always funny when the Constitutional Law Experts turn to political theory when they get smacked in the face by, well, Constitutional Law. 

tumblr_om1xkjZuQG1smsmqro1_500.gif

There is a difference between the way things are, and the way things ought to be. 

OMG its administrative law, not con law* you goof

Its rulemaking procedures, not lawmaking. 

*KILLS SELF*

***How in god's name is marijuana being illegal unconstitutional or implicate the constitution?  What is the actual coherent theory?  I'll even take a link

Edited by Crayola64