P.U.N.T Foundation

The gesture of donating to the Dalton Foundation has been cool and amazing! It's helping so many families in and around Cincinnati.  Not to throw shade BUT...

1) Wouldn't it be great if we also channeled this excitement and money right HERE helping kids in the WNY community!? Brian Moorman made have played during the drought but the P.U.N.T. Foundation he started is a public charity is still running to do outstanding work for local families battling pediatric cancer. And Eric Wood has a fund helping kids at our Children's Hospital! 

2) Did you know Dalton's Foundation is managed by a FOR profit company - a significant % of each donation is taken off the top by this company. 

If anybody is interested, a donation can be made here:  

http://www.puntfoundation.org/donate

Edited by Southtown Tommy

Moorman's foundation may be great. I don't know. But what I do know is that it's unfair to criticize Dalton's foundation simply for the fact that he uses a for-profit management company to run it. Administrative costs are relevant when considering what charities to donate to, but whether those costs are incurred by paying in-house staff vs. contracting them out to professional administrators isn't.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Moorman's foundation may be great. I don't know. But what I do know is that it's unfair to criticize Dalton's foundation simply for the fact that he uses a for-profit management company to run it. Administrative costs are relevant when considering what charities to donate to, but whether those costs are incurred by paying in-house staff vs. contracting them out to professional administrators isn't.

I'm just guessing this, but seeing the lack of updates on Daltons website makes me think he isn't paying a ton of money in administration costs. The website doesn't seem very active in general. I can't imagine it costs that much to run. What do I know though 

42 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm just guessing this, but seeing the lack of updates on Daltons website makes me think he isn't paying a ton of money in administration costs. The website doesn't seem very active in general. I can't imagine it costs that much to run. What do I know though 

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The intent wasn't to criticize Dalton's Foundation - it's purpose and intent is admirable and sound.

I was trying to bring attention to one of the very important local foundations that has provided much assistance to families who have children battling cancer.  I have seen first hand how impactful P.U.N.T. has been to the community here in WNY. 

There is a very large difference between costs associated with paying in-house staff vs. contracting out.  Local in-house staff costs are much less than the fees charged by national professional administration companies.  Updates to websites do not necessarily reflect the level of administrative costs.

3 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

I was trying to bring attention to one of the very important local foundations that has provided much assistance to families who have children battling cancer.  I have seen first hand how impactful P.U.N.T. has been to the community here in WNY. 

I agree.  Donating to Dalton's Charity and Boyd's "charity of choice" is an awesome story and one that will be remembered for a long time.  The Bills Mafia brought recognition and awareness country wide to his charity and made Buffalo look really good in doing so, but it's time to move on.  There is no reason why we can't keep the drought ending enthusiasm going by donating to local charities....Let's go BUFFALO!!!!!