is Thunder and Lighting dead?

What if we can't get good enough compensation for Travis? Would it be extreme to try to mend ways with the TH and make him a very good complementary back along with WM? This would give us a great 1-2 punch, and we can have both on the field at the same time like Mularkey had planned originally...TH would get a chance to redeem himself after a very dissapointing '04 and earn that contract with another team (ala Lamont Jordan)

flame away

What if we can't get good enough compensation for Travis? Would it be extreme to try to mend ways with the TH and make him a very good complementary back along with WM? This would give us a great 1-2 punch, and we can have both on the field at the same time like Mularkey had planned originally...TH would get a chance to redeem himself after a very dissapointing '04 and earn that contract with another team (ala Lamont Jordan)

flame away

267594[/snapback]

His ego is to big to coexist

I dont get people who want Travis around another year. All he did was complain this year and was a totally waste whenever he did see any action. I'd trade him for anything at this moment, get a 1.5 million dollar cap relief in the process, and draft a RB to replace him. If Travis wasnt going to grow up last year with McGahee, what makes everyone think he'll gladly back him up this season?

Trade him for a stapler and move on.

Travis will be moved,prior to opening day. Could be tomorrow or in August, when an injury in camp forces a team to call the Bills. TD is smart to sit on his hands, since he knows the current market for Henry isn't that great.

IMO we don't need anyone cutting into Willis' carries. His back-up should only get 4-5 carries a game, just enough to give him a quick rest. And if there's another back lined up next to him, I want it to be Shelton (or another big-bruising FB).

Travis will be moved,prior to opening day. Could be tomorrow or in August, when an injury in camp forces a team to call the Bills. TD is smart to sit on his hands, since he knows the current market for Henry isn't that great.

267616[/snapback]

Good point... what if Lamont Jordan tears his ACL in pre-season, and all of a sudden the Raiders need TH.

Anyone who saw Willis play knows that he can provide the thunder and the lightening all by himself.......and the storm is going to be even stronger this season, baby.

Anyone who saw Willis play knows that he can provide the thunder and the lightening all by himself.......and the storm is going to be even stronger this season, baby.

267831[/snapback]

I hate to tell you that you're wrong, but you're wrong.

Actually I love telling you that.

267616[/snapback]

the real downside to dealing him post 2005 draft is that whatever we get won't help the team a lick in the '05 season.......i would much rather get value now then later.........

I have been wondering the same thing... If we don't get a deal Donahoe likes, he isn't going to deal Travis... And I am equally certain he won't cut him either...

So, how do you bring him back into the fold? He's isolated himself by asking for a trade, although not to the point of other more vocal players (like TO say or Randy Moss)... So, there's a chance you could get him back.... Then, what do you do with him? Can they make something work? he won't accept (and we shouldn't expect him to quite frankly) sitting on the bench. It was an interesting prospect, and we never got to see it this year (because he went down with the injury).

And then, if it is successful.... well, I don't think you can keep him after next year... and if it's unsuccessful then you won't want to keep him...

Putting this another way... Travis Henry is better for the Bills than anything less than a second or high 3rd round pick in the '05 draft... His cost is minimal... and if he applies his head to the game (which I think he would do if he had to stay because no one wanted him)... Then he's better than any 2nd day pick for the Bills.

Unfortunately for him and the Bills, teams rarely trade anymore... they just figure you'll cut the player later and they can keep their pick. Travis' key asset is something he doesn't like about the trade... his low salary for '05... A release forces a new deal... a trade keeps it... It shouldn't be the case, but it is that it takes a big person to live up to commitments they made when they don't appear fair anymore. He wants a guarantee that he'll see a payday if he does what he thinks he can (and has proven he could in the past as far as yardage) on the field.

It is easy for me to sit here and say, trade him for a 3rd round pick with a conditional pick next year based on performance and to expect him to play for his current contract with no guarantee of a payoff if he excels (and no "insurance" really) if heaven forbid he has a career ending injury. It is asking him to take a risk and a leap of faith... I can't blame him fully for wanting a new deal. A 1 year deal is like being a lame duck.

267616[/snapback]

exactly...TD will hold out until he gets what he wants, and he'll have some team by the nuts come later this year...i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a 2006 first rounder for TH...

I hate to tell you that you're wrong, but you're wrong.

Actually I love telling you that.

267843[/snapback]

You know you love Willis just as much as we do, bro......

I hope you guys really do get Edge in a trade.......It would be great to have dueling RBs from 'The U'. It'll also make it more satisfying when we kick the Dolphins' asses a time or three this season :(

The Bills don't have to mend ways with TH, TH has to mend ways with the Bills

267606[/snapback]

Are we talking about the same guy who played four games on a broken leg?

I don't think either the team or Travis owes an apology to the other. We had a chance to improve with Willis so we did. Travis is a back who is good enough to start in this league. Why shouldn't he want to go elsewhere and start?

I don't see any villians here or any need to trash a player simply because he is moving on.

268162[/snapback]

Travis playing with a "broken leg" was blown so out of proportion. It was a non-weight bearing bone. ANY NFL back would play with that condition. There's minimal pain, and he couldn't do any more damage. But the Buffalo Media was looking to give him props for being tough, because like it or not, he was never that good.

I don't think either the team or Travis owes an apology to the other.  We had a chance to improve with Willis so we did.  Travis is a back who is good enough to start in this league.  Why shouldn't he want to go elsewhere and start?

I don't see any villians here or any need to trash a player simply because he is moving on.

268162[/snapback]

Well said.