Taylor's value in 2017 was mostly about 2 things, one being 3rd down

6 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

What are you implying? A problem with my math? 

I was actually giving Tyrod a little leeway on the passing yards because of his ability to also produce offense running the ball. So for him, a season of 3400 passing yards, 20 TDs, and 4 INTs should be the standard for him. 

I just used Alex Smith to demonstrate that it is possible because they both have the same INT%. 

PASSING YARDS DONT MEAN ANYTHING

Christ

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Christ

I just said that   (sort of) 

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In the words of Yoda's goofy cousin

Passing yards does not a winner make 

Once upon a time ShadyBillsFan said I'd like to see Taylor pass for 300 yards a game.  

Then it became the yardstick for success here.   SMH   Ahh the internet.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Christ

They don’t matter when you need some

of them to beat the Panthers, Bengals or Pats huh ? 

The cot narrative about yards don’t matter take is pretty funny. 

If one wanted to get closer to the end zone and not be ranked at the bottom off offensive rankings then yards would matter.   

-Dennison - OL - Wr’s - Yards all are enemies of the cot ??‍♂️??

Edited by Teddy KGB

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

They don’t matter when you need some

of them to beat the Panthers, Bengals or Pats huh ? 

The cot narrative about yards don’t matter take is pretty funny. 

If one wanted to get closer to the end zone and not be ranked at the bottom off offensive rankings then yards would matter.   

-Dennison - OL - Wr’s - Yards all are enemies of the cot ??‍♂️??

Your facination with "COT" is really laughable.....you do realize that you have become more of a cult follower then fans that support Tyrod Taylor couldnt begin to go to.

I can give you a direct correlation to passing yards and losing can you do that with passing yards and winning?

- its scheme based

- normally QBs putting up huge passing yards are doing because they have to.  The team has fallen behind and had to give up on the run.

- Huge passing numbers except for for the top QBs are often times in losing efforts

This might be a little to advanced for you.

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

You are literally one small step away from saying that scoring points doesn't mean anything. 

Actually no....because scoring points and 3rd down efficiency are literally the only things that do matter.

but hey...carry on.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Your facination with "COT" is really laughable.....you do realize that you have become more of a cult follower then fans that support Tyrod Taylor couldnt begin to go to.

You make a good point.  

What do you think of the Nate Haters?  (The ones that think there is a Peterman Cult)   Justified or not? 

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I can give you a direct correlation to passing yards and losing can you do that with passing yards and winning?

- its scheme based

- normally QBs putting up huge passing yards are doing because they have to.  The team has fallen behind and had to give up on the run.

- Huge passing numbers except for for the top QBs are often times in losing efforts

Actually no....because scoring points and 3rd down efficiency are literally the only things that do matter.

but hey...carry on.

1. Since 2007, there have been 1,188 games where a QB has thrown for 300+ yards. The QB who threw for 300+ has won that game 644 times.  The QB who threw for 300+ has lost that game 544 times.  

2. ...and just how do teams go about accomplishing those two tasks? My guess is by moving the ball up and down the field. If only there were a statistic that measured such a thing.....

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You make a good point.  

What do you think of the Nate Haters?  (The ones that think there is a Peterman Cult)   Justified or not? 

I think there is simply not enough information on Peterman for people to be one way or the other at this point.  it is really unfair to judge a 5th round rookie.

My gut says that Peterman is better then people think......but gut also tells us to hedge our bets with another talented qb to compete with him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

1. Since 2007, there have been 1,188 games where a QB has thrown for 300+ yards. The QB who threw for 300+ has won that game 644 times.  The QB who threw for 300+ has lost that game 544 times.  

2. ...and just how do teams go about accomplishing those two tasks? My guess is by moving the ball up and down the field. If only there were a statistic that measured such a thing.....

And to continue that further....why do you think they are moving up and down the field?   Because defensively when you get a lead you allow underneath stuff and tackle and do not allow yourself to be be beat by the big play.

Hence

More passing yards as that is what the D gives with a lead

But less scoring

38 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

- its scheme based

but hey...carry on.

Ok, let’s bury our heads in the sand and pretend being 25th in tds and Yards isn’t relevant ?   

Passing yards matter ! 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Ok, let’s bury our heads in the sand and pretend being 25th in tds and Yards isn’t relevant ?   

Passing yards matter ! 

The TDs are relevent

The passing yards is not

Oh yeah.....just wanted to point this out.   We are not the Browns we actually are in the playoffs....which means that the team did do some things right in these games and we do NOT have a top 10 defense backing us up yet

Edited by John from Hemet

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Passing yards matter ! 

An effective passing game matters.   Points on the board is the goal.     

Yes, it's nice to see, but its not the end all.  

6 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

And to continue that further....why do you think they are moving up and down the field?   Because defensively when you get a lead you allow underneath stuff and tackle and do not allow yourself to be be beat by the big play.

Hence

More passing yards as that is what the D gives with a lead

But less scoring

Peyton Manning's 3rd down efficiency is definitely what is going to put him in the Hall of Fame. 

Tom Brady must have lost a TON of games to pass for all those yards over the course of his career, too. 

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

The TDs are relevent

The passing yards is not

Oh yeah.....just wanted to point this out.   We are not the Browns we actually are in the playoffs....which means that the team did do some things right in these games and we do NOT have a top 10 defense backing us up yet

More yards = more points.  

You accumulate yards as you move towards the end zone.   

Our qb isn’t good at either.    Yes we are 9-7 but that doesn’t give a free pass to the poor play of the qb.  

Let’s see where we stand post jags game. 

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Peyton Manning's 3rd down efficiency is definitely what is going to put him in the Hall of Fame. 

Tom Brady must have lost a TON of games to pass for all those yards over the course of his career, too. 

Now go back and read again where i talk about the "few select qbs"

Dont worry....you will get it

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

More yards = more points.  

You accumulate yards as you move towards the end zone.   

Our qb isn’t good at either.    Yes we are 9-7 but that doesn’t give a free pass to the poor play of the qb.  

Let’s see where we stand post jags game. 

More yards do NOT mean more points....points can come from other aspects of the team.

Points (and winning) come from teams with balanced offense.

5 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Now go back and read again where i talk about the "few select qbs"

Dont worry....you will get it

Ever stop to consider how those guys got to be included among those "few select QBs".... 

Or do passing yards only matter for Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rogers? 

13 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

More yards do NOT mean more points....points can come from other aspects of the team.

Points (and winning) come from teams with balanced offense.

1. Rian Lindell, Dan Carpernter, and Stephen Hauschka say whats up. 

2. 1995 called. It wants it's hot football take back.