PPP Trump Job Approval: The First Year

Do you approve or disapprove Trump's job performance?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve or disapprove Trump's job performance?

• Approve
    • Disapprove

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Oh please.  Blue states pay more in federal taxes per capita than red states so who's subsidizing who?

Blue states pay more in Federal taxes because Media (Hollywood), Tech (Silicon Valley), Finance (NYC), and Government (Maryland/Northern Virginia) wealth is concentrated in Blue States

Factor out those greedy 1%ers and see how the ratio re-adjusts

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Mixed bag. 

Positives:

-Withdrawing from the Paris Climate Agreement.

-Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem.

-Illegal border crossings down.

-Reducing size of federal bureaucracy.

Negatives:

-Never bothered to push for keeping SALT deductions as it was which will hurt me come tax time.  Directly punishes higher income earners in blue states.

-Removed CSR payments to ACA which will cost the federal government even more money which gets put on the tax payer.

-Got involved in NFL's business and called private citizens (players kneeling) SOB's at a rally in Alabama.  I usually brush off his stupid comments/tweets as it's Trump just being Trump, but that one pissed me off.  

-Was dumb enough to fire James Comey and then lied about why he did it leading to this stupid Special Prosecutor.  The news won't shut-up about it now even though there's probably nothing there as far as Russia collusion goes.

You may have omitted a few positives:

Reducing federal regulations.

Clearing the deck for energy independence.

Tax Act that will drastically improve the economy.

On 1/2/2018 at 2:44 PM, Azalin said:

I don't mind saying that I'm surprised at Trump's performance. He's doing way better than I thought he would. He's really only had congress work with him on the tax reform bill, but between judicial appointments and the rolling back of 44's executive orders, I'm impressed with what's been accomplished in one year.

Sure, it would be nice if our leader was a thoughtful, calm-spoken statesman, but considering where I was afraid we'd be as a nation at this point, I think we're in great shape.

Well said.

I'd like to add that ISIS is all but eradicated. Nice work.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

why are you letting CNN dictate your expectations of a President?

I'm not at all.  Trump or any President being a bit snarky or tough or hard headed doesn't bother me.  What bothers me is that he's done a good job of identifying the larger issues that we face but then he gets down in the dirt with his opposition on a lot of petty stuff and often sounds like a high school sophomore in the lunch room.  He simply doesn't command respect very often in his public demeanor. 

I'll judge him by what he does more than what he says or how he says it but he's too easy not to like and it's better to like the people you do business (or politics) with.  You get more done and it's easier to bring others to your side.  Frankly he's blowing a fantastic opportunity to be the mature business person in a room full of petulant politicians and show the country and the world why a seasoned business exec is a better choice as a President.  Instead he's down at Nancy Pelosi's level frequently.  Fortunately his policy positions are much better than hers.  

Give me Rex Tillerson with a little bit of Trump thrown in as President. 

Edited by keepthefaith

It’s a down in the dirt culture

10 year olds think it’s funny to watch a Japanese suicide forest video 

Educated and intelligent IT people in my life spend their lunch hour staring at a twitter news feed chuckling at how stupid everyone is.... irony not being their strong suit

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

It’s a down in the dirt culture

10 year olds think it’s funny to watch a Japanese suicide forest video 

Educated and intelligent IT people in my life spend their lunch hour staring at a twitter news feed chuckling at how stupid everyone is.... irony not being their strong suit

Lame defense.  It's the same "everybody's doing it" argument that doesn't fly even for little kids when they get caught behaving badly.  It's entirely reasonable for people to expect the potus to not act like a petulant a-hole.

I won't debate his accomplishments.  I'll grant that he has successfully pushed his agenda in certain areas and, for that, you can say he has been successful.  But his general behavior is an embarrassment.  He proves himself petty and ignorant and vindictive and small on a regular basis.  That part of it is not really defensible in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Lame defense.  It's the same "everybody's doing it" argument that doesn't fly even for little kids when they get caught behaving badly.  It's entirely reasonable for people to expect the potus to not act like a petulant a-hole.

I won't debate his accomplishments.  I'll grant that he has successfully pushed his agenda in certain areas and, for that, you can say he has been successful.  But his general behavior is an embarrassment.  He proves himself petty and ignorant and vindictive and small on a regular basis.  That part of it is not really defensible in my opinion.

It's not lame at all, people are so wrapped up in resentment over NOTHING.

Growing up there was dissent and anger over getting your butt drafted to Nam, that was QUITE REAL.

but this is so stupid....

here...

----------------------------

"If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that the Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans are often Republican gun toters."

That was the Facebook post about the mass murders in Las Vegas at the beginning of October that got its author, Hayley Geftman-Gold, fired from her job as vice president and senior counsel at CBS. How eaten up with hatred for your fellow citizens who belong to a different political persuasion do you have to be to issue a public statement like that when the bodies are still warm, overriding the most basic sense of propriety, not to mention self-preservation? The unfortunate victims didn’t even have to be Republicans or gun toters to get what they deserved, in Ms. Geftman-Gold’s opinion, only to like the same music that Republicans and gun toters “often” do.

She later apologized for what she described as her “shameful” post, but it should have been described more accurately as shameless. If whatever capacity for shame with which she might have been raised had not dried up and evaporated, as it has for so many others these days, she wouldn’t have written those words (or even thought of doing so) in the first place. Her retrospective shamefulness will doubtless look to most people more like regret for what her message cost her—something that also could have been foreseen.

39 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

You want to see what shame and embarrassment truly are?

Obama bowing.jpg

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, row_33 said:

"If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that the Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans are often Republican gun toters."

That was the Facebook post about the mass murders in Las Vegas...

Another example of behavior that is indefensible.  I'm glad she lost her job.  Absolutely ****ty of her to post that.  I don't think it's representative at all of regular sensible people (conservatives and liberals) who actually care more about being good people than getting caught up in the trenches of closed-minded ideological tantrum-throwing.

However, your argument about it being a "down in the dirt culture" making it ok to act like an !@#$?  Still absolutely 100% lame.  If you can't see the fallacy, I'm sorry for you.

It's not ok to act like an !@#$.  It's not ok when my 6 year old daughter does it.  It's not ok for liberals or conservatives or independents.  It's especially not ok for people in positions of power & leadership.

Edited by Cugalabanza

14 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Another example of behavior that is indefensible.  I'm glad she lost her job.  Absolutely ****ty of her to post that.  I don't think it's representative at all of regular sensible people (conservatives and liberals) who actually care more about being good people than getting caught up in the trenches of closed-minded ideological tantrum-throwing.

However, your argument about it being a "down in the dirt culture" making it ok to act like an !@#$?  Still absolutely 100% lame.  If you can't see the fallacy, I'm sorry for you.

It's not ok to act like an !@#$.  It's not ok when my 6 year old daughter does it.  It's not ok for liberals or conservatives or independents.  It's especially not ok for people in positions of power & leadership.

But they're fighting Nazis!

Not even being entirely glib, here...that's a lot of people's justification for this ****, and it would be an entirely valid justification IF they were actually fighting Nazis and not just disagreeing with people's opinions on immigration law.