As Gaines Goes So Will The D This Post-Season

corta765

With Gaines in the lineup the Bills are 8-4 are play markedly better on that side. Gaines allows far more man coverage on D with him and White so more attention can be focused up front to cover the run. This game is very winnable to me because he is in the lineup and we can stack the box on JAX. Just hope and pray that knee stays good.

• Like (+1) 1

I totally agree with that, Gaines is a very good CB, The Bills better sign him in the off season. With white on the other side, the Bills gave up the least amount of TD passes in the the NFL. When the Bills fix that Def line in the off season, this defense will be amazing. Love watching them play. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

3 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I totally agree with that, Gaines is a very good CB, The Bills better sign him in the off season. With white on the other side, the Bills gave up the least amount of TD passes in the the NFL. When the Bills fix that Def line in the off season, this defense will be amazing. Love watching them play. 

I would love to see them resign Gaines. Problem is his injury history and the amount of money he can get in FA. The numbers I have heard for Gaines start at 8 million and thats alot for your #2 guy who also has injury issues. I love him in this defense, I just wonder if its worth 8 mil.

22 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

There are actually some here who think we should let him go in the offseason......which baffles me.

Yes he is injury prone but when he is healthy we have one of the very top corner tandems in the league.

I love his game but he gets injured so often its mind numbing (yes, I'm aware its a physical game).

One thing I noticed during the Miami game is that the D continuously gave up the same pass pattern play over and over and over again, many times to Landry.

Was this one of those schemes by design to keep everything in front of you or was the D just not paying attention cause Miami just kept getting 1st down after 1st down on the same play call over and over. And that's with Fales at QB. Yes Bortles does suck as an NFL QB but one has to think he's better than Fales, right?