False start or no? (Video included)

Beast

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017123101/2017/REG17/Bengals@Ravens?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017123101#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000901191&tab=videos

The above link shows the Ravens 3rd and 5 where they scored the TD to go up 27-24. I believe the LT for the Ravens moved early and that TD should not have counted. It should have been 3rd and 10 and you never know. The Bengals may not have needed the heroics.

Luckily, this play doesn’t need to be scrutinized but it could have been a much different story had the Ravens won.

22 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017123101/2017/REG17/Bengals@Ravens?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017123101#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000901191&tab=videos

The above link shows the Ravens 3rd and 5 where they scored the TD to go up 27-24. I believe the LT for the Ravens moved early and that TD should not have counted. It should have been 3rd and 10 and you never know. The Bengals may not have needed the heroics.

Luckily, this play doesn’t need to be scrutinized but it could have been a much different story had the Ravens won.

You see that a lot. It seems LT and some RT get out of there stances so fast and kick that outside leg out in a two or three stutter step depending on tech needed it looks like they false start.

I think they are just very quick and usually good athletics in comparison to other linemen. Dawkins and Glenn do that also.

Edited by cba fan

Yeah I was yelling at the TV watching it live. After one they called against Groy a couple weeks ago (I think in the first Miami game) that I went back and re-watched 5 times before I could find any bit of a flinch.... I couldn't believe they missed it.

38 minutes ago, cba fan said:

You see that a lot. It seems LT and some RT get out of there stances so fast and kick that outside leg out in a two or three stutter step depending on tech needed it looks like they false start.

I think they are just very quick and usually good athletics in comparison to other linemen. Dawkins and Glenn do that also.

The above is correct. After watching it closely, it is clear that he did not move early, but rather everybody else moves a half second or so AFTER the ball is snapped. I'd assume that the latter is "normal" for all linemen, but occasionally (like here in this case), somebody moves exactly with the snap.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Looks like offsides, but I've seen even more obvious instances not called. They don't seem to be sticklers about that call especially in obvious passing situations.