Baker Mayfield Man Crush thread

Big Turk

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
5 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Agreed. You have the best player in country and he didn't pass at all the first drive. And 2nd drive they called design short passes that went know we're. Stuid.

It truly was unbelievable.  Heisman winning QB and you play like you are afraid to throw the ball.  On the other side you have a coach taking chances with a freshman QB.  Coaching won this game for Georgia.

That 3rd and 2 playcall on OU's last drive before overtime was horrendous.  I don't think Mayfield helped his draft stock tonight.  Pro scouts are gonna have a lot of issues with him.  Needed a Deshaun Watson performance to get the head coaches and GM's banging the table for him.  Play calling did him no favors but he still kind of came up small at end of game.  

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That 3rd and 2 playcall on OU's last drive before overtime was horrendous.  I don't think Mayfield helped his draft stock tonight.  Pro scouts are gonna have a lot of issues with him.  Needed a Deshaun Watson performance to get the head coaches and GM's banging the table for him.  Play calling did him no favors but he still kind of came up small at end of game.  

It will be interesting to see how he does in the Senior Bowl.

16 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Prepare yourself.

I want to like him, but I can't get there.  Love the compete, but not the feet.  Not sure about the arm.  A little casual with the ball, which might not hurt him there but will lead to a lot of completions to the wrong team in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think he played well only had a couple bad throws. The OC needed to stop with the option calls when they weren't working, needed to let Mayfield go downfield more.

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Clemson is gonna crush GA in NC game

I went into this game thinking that Alabama would blow Clemson out. That is what is currently happening, but we shall see. The Clemson qb is terrible (against real competition).

Edited by dave mcbride

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Clemson is gonna crush GA in NC game

If they can figure out how to get into the positive yardage at some point this game...

hard to win anything with -3 yards of offense into the 2nd quarter...

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I went into this game thinking that Alabama would blow Clemson out. That is what is currently happening, but we shall see. The Clemson qb is terrible (against real competition).

The Clemson QB is good at what he’s good at...and it looks a little like TT. Great legs on that play.  

Great game, Go Dawgs!

I'm officially not sold on Mayfield. And I was really hoping he'd have a great playoff run and lead OK to a Championship. If for no other reason than to put another QB into the mix at the top of the draft.

I guess I can't say he's any less of a prospect than Mahomes, and he went #10. I still think Deshaun Watson will always be better than both of them.

Bottom line, I dont see Mayfield as a long term solution as a team leader and franchise QB in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.