OT: Amazing News For Horror Fans

New Line quite possibly has done the impossible...Quentin Tarantino is set to write and direct the "Ultimate Jason Voorhees" movie.

Mother of God, that movie will be completely and utterly insane.

Tarantino Takes Control Of Jason

Fans of the slasher movies can rejoice, because Friday the 13th is about to be reborn.

New Line quite possibly has done the impossible...Quentin Tarantino is set to write and direct the "Ultimate Jason Voorhees" movie.

Fans of the slasher movies can rejoice, because Friday the 13th is about to be reborn.

267324[/snapback]

Because Q is directing it? He has no experience in horror films whatsoever.

Because Q is directing it?  He has no experience in horror films whatsoever.

267325[/snapback]

He wrote and acted in "From Dusk Til Dawn". He does have some background already.

I think I'm excited because everything that he's directed I've absolutely loved...and I'm looking forward to him breathing life back into one of my favorite slasher movies.

He wrote and acted in "From Dusk Til Dawn".  He does have some background already.

I think I'm excited because everything that he's directed I've absolutely loved...and I'm looking forward to him breathing life back into one of my favorite slasher movies.

267327[/snapback]

I forgot about that one, so I guess he's got some background.

I wouldn't hold your breathe though.

Know what,  the Horror Master George Romero has

"Land of the Dead"

Due out this October!

also, the people who redid Dawn of the dead are just finishing the script of Day of the Dead remake

267330[/snapback]

Two bits of great news if true. The new DOTD was outstanding.

267324[/snapback]

QT is awesome!!! Usually you know whats coming next in a Jason movie, but not if QT is directing it. You will definitly have to be watching the entire thing.

I loved Jason however after Jason X I don't think I ever want to see another Jason movie ever again regardless of who's directing it. I just can't get that horrible film out of my bleeding mind. Just let jason die already. It's not worth rehashing. The films were cool, but enough is enough already.

I think QT jumped the shark with "Jackie Brown" which seemed more like a TV movie than a decent edgy Tarantino flick. Hasnt really made anything good since then. However his stab at Friday the 13th seems interesting. Also, he didnt direct "From Dusk Till Dawn". He only wrote the screenplay. Robert Rodriguez directed it.

I loved Jason however after Jason X I don't think I ever want to see another Jason movie ever again regardless of who's directing it. I just can't get that horrible film out of my bleeding mind. Just let jason die already. It's not worth rehashing. The films were cool, but enough is enough already.

Jason X was horrible. What's really funny about it was that there was a Jason Goes To Space skit on Mad TV a few years before Jason X actually came out. :lol:

He wrote and acted in "From Dusk Til Dawn".  He does have some background already.

267327[/snapback]

"From Dusk Til Dawn" was one of the dumbest movies ever, and I'm a sucker for vampire movies.

HA-HA...YES! Succumb to our corporate machine.

Step 1: Find a worn-out horror movie franchise.

Step 2: Get a trendy director to draw interest from those who weren't wise enough to quit watching these after the fourth movie.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: PROFIT!

I will OWN you.

*cue excessive hand-wringing*

HA-HA...YES! Succumb to our corporate machine.

Step 1: Find a worn-out horror movie franchise.

Step 2: Get a trendy director to draw interest from those who weren't wise enough to quit watching these after the fourth movie.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: PROFIT!

I will OWN you.

*cue excessive hand-wringing*

267771[/snapback]

You were so proud of your take on this topic that you just had to go and initiate a profile over it?