Indianapolis Colts fire Chuck Pagano after 4-12 year

Saxum

8 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

Such a bull crap move.   When Luck went down, the season was lost.   So hey let's fire the coach what the hell.   One guy who sucks up all the cap space so you have nothing at back up QB.   So let's blame it on the coach.  Gotta love the NFL.  

They were 8-8 with Luck last year starting 15 games.....

He's a bad coach.  accept it---Bruce Arians was the Colts best HC in years.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They were 8-8 with Luck last year starting 15 games.....

He's a bad coach.  accept it---Bruce Arians was the Colts best HC in years.

I'm not disagreeing with how good or bad of a coach he is, but I feel this response too simplified.

Sure he went 500 with Luck during the last year he played, but there's far more variables than that. He was playing through a torn labrum.

And again, Grigson was a horrible GM that didn't give his battered QB or HC any help whatsoever. 

I

2 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I'm not disagreeing with how good or bad of a coach he is, but I feel this response too simplified.

Sure he went 500 with Luck during the last year he played, but there's far more variables than that. He was playing through a torn labrum.

And again, Grigson was a horrible GM that didn't give his battered QB or HC any help whatsoever. 

I

No.  Luck had his second best season, statistically, in 2016.

Hard to admit it, but the Colts got better as soon as pagan went out with cancer.  They steadily got worse when he came back.