Black Monday 2018

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Hue Jackson would be nice offensive coordinator for us.  I think with the right QB he could help get established and possibly look to upgrade from him in a few years - he will get another shot at HC.

....think I'd rather have Whisenhutt......contract is up........

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

If the Texas fire Billy OB they are really being impatient. I can understand the GM must love the talent he has assembled but they need to remain patient. Watson was lights out with this coaching staff, get him healthy and continue.

I'm shocked that firing him is even a thought.  They just drafted their franchise QB and he got hurt for the majority of the season.  JJ Watt also missed the season along with several other Houston players hitting the IR.  Seriously, how is this even in question?  Watson was playing like an MVP with O'brien at head coach and Watson has been in support of him staying by saying he'd like O'brien as HC for his career.  I don't understand why they'd mess with the clear connection the two have and the product the two put on the field on offense.  Is it the fans impatience?  I'd understand that because of the impatient fans from this franchise calling for a HC to be fired 9 games in to his first season which may end in a playoff birth.  Houston would be dumb to move on from him so soon.  

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

What?  BOB has made the playoffs with the Brocketship at QB.  If Marrone is a Saint, BOB is God.

Not comparing the two coaches. Comparing the reports of dysfunction between coach and GM, power struggle, and all the agent-driven tweets about how he would be the “hot” HC candidate if let go. In his case, it is probably actually true and in the “one has to go” scenario because the situation is “toxic” it will likely be the GM.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not comparing the two coaches. Comparing the reports of dysfunction between coach and GM, power struggle, and all the agent-driven tweets about how he would be the “hot” HC candidate if let go. In his case, it is probably actually true and in the “one has to go” scenario because the situation is “toxic” it will likely be the GM.

Yeah, I see the similarities. 

I just think BOB has less manufacturing about his heat as an HC. In a results driven business, you don't get better than his results without a star QB. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not his fault that Elway that saddled him with Siemian and Osweiler at QB.

But Elway can do no wrong - he missed on both the QBs AND the coach?  Unpossible!

Little surprised about Mularkey...

7 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Hue Jackson would be nice offensive coordinator for us.  I think with the right QB he could help get established and possibly look to upgrade from him in a few years - he will get another shot at HC.

For Clueless Hue, the right QB would be Brady Ben or Rodgers.

This was his second shot at HC.  He's historically bad.  Just say no...