Watkins and Woods would have been better with Tyrod

BADOLBILZ

For all the yakking about how former Bills WR have done better without Tyrod.........the truth is that Watkins and Woods are going to produce less than 1500 yards receiving and probably 13-14 TD's for the Rams.

In Buffalo a healthy Watkins returns to 2015 form with Tyrod and puts up 1200-1300 yards and 10-12 TD's.

If Woods were with him,  healthy for the first time he'd easily far exceed the 600 he put up in 2016.......his 781 yards so far is hardly a massive total.

I'd say it's safe to say they would have put up 1800-2100 yards receiving between them and 15-17 TD's with Tyrod in 2017.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

For all the yakking about how former Bills WR have done better without Tyrod.........the truth is that Watkins and Woods are going to produce less than 1500 yards receiving and probably 13-14 TD's for the Rams.

In Buffalo a healthy Watkins returns to 2015 form with Tyrod and puts up 1200-1300 yards and 10-12 TD's.

If Woods were with him,  healthy for the first time he'd easily far exceed the 600 he put up in 2016.......his 781 yards so far is hardly a massive total.

I'd say it's safe to say they would have put up 1800-2100 yards receiving between them and 15-17 TD's with Tyrod in 2017.

Just stop already.

Although it is great comedy, it is getting old.

• Thank you (+1) 4

In hindsight, it would have been good to keep Woods.  He looked like a completely different receiver with the Rams, which makes me think we severely underutilized and undervalued him.  No doubt he would have helped this year.

I believe Woods was injured for a couple of weeks, which would account for less than spectacular production this season.

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Serious question:

If you were to ask Watkins and Woods who they would prefer to play with as their QB -- Goff or Taylor, who do you think they would choose?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

In hindsight, it would have been good to keep Woods.  He looked like a completely different receiver with the Rams, which makes me think we severely underutilized and undervalued him.  No doubt he would have helped this year.

I believe Woods was injured for a couple of weeks, which would account for less than spectacular production this season.

Woods was banged up for his two years in Buffalo with Tyrod.

Per Woods he played the entire 2015 season with a torn groin and he was injured and in and out of the lineup in 7 games in Buffalo in 2016 and still had 600+ yards with Tyrod.

He's been a lot healthier this year and the Rams have featured him at what he's best at.......intermediate routes.    That's his game and that is a throw Goff makes well.

The deep ball isn't Goff's thing........and since Sammy has been mostly used as the field stretcher in LA he hasn't gotten much to eat.  

People joke about Watkins being a decoy but there was a stretch of weeks early in the year where he was drawing Jalen Ramsey, Richard Sherman, Josh Norman and Patrick Peterson......a run of the best corners in the league.......and young Goff wasn't even bothering to go thru progressions because Woods or Kupp or Higbee were wide open against much lesser coverage men.

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bills revisionist history right here.  Woods and Watkins had 2 years with Tyrod and you saw the results.  Case closed

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Serious question:

If you were to ask Watkins and Woods who they would prefer to play with as their QB -- Goff or Taylor, who do you think they would choose?

I question the seriousness of that question:

Davante Adams.......who has never gotten 1,000 yards in a season........playing mostly with AARON RODGERS.......just got $14M+ per year.

Watkins AVERAGED 1,000 yards his first two seasons.........including 80 yards per game with Tyrod in 2015.

Playing with Goff has at least temporarily cost Watkins perhaps a 7 year $100M contract.   

Probably looking at a 1 year "prove it" deal in the $8-$10M range.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I question the seriousness of that question:

Davante Adams.......who has never gotten 1,000 yards in a season........playing mostly with AARON RODGERS.......just got $14M+ per year.

Watkins AVERAGED 1,000 yards his first two seasons.........including 80 yards per game with Tyrod in 2015.

Playing with Goff has at least temporarily cost Watkins perhaps a 7 year $100M contract.   

Probably looking at a 1 year "prove it" deal in the $8-$10M range.

Allen Hurns Deal lol. Like I said right after he got traded. He would be a fool to try and play on a one year prove it deal. If he does, he will cost himself more money. 

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Woods missed a quarter of the season due to injury. If healthy he would have had roughly 1040 yards with Goff. 

SBSB

Stop Being Silly Badol.

Woods has missed 3 games in 2017.  

3/16 is not "a quarter"........perhaps you should change your name from Commonsense to Basicmath.:lol: 

"Jack and Jill went up the hill........each with a buck and a quarter......."

Woods missed parts or all of 7 games in Buffalo in 2016.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Woods has missed 3 games in 2017.  

3/16 is not "a quarter"........perhaps you should change your name from Commonsense to Basicmath.:lol: 

"Jack and Jill went up the hill........each with a buck and a quarter......."

Woods missed parts or all of 7 games in Buffalo in 2016.

How many stats is he going to put up on Sunday while he wears a visor on the bench? So he will actually be missing 4+ games of stats. 

Keep sniffing Taylor's jock you look ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Allen Hurns Deal lol. Like I said right after he got traded. He would be a fool to try and play on a one year prove it deal. If he does, he will cost himself more money. 

If he does it he better pick a team where he believes he will be the primary target.  Clearly that hasn't been the case with the Rams, hell he hasn't even been the 2nd or 3rd option.  

Number 4 for the Rams.  Woods on the other hand has really began to blossom this year.

Watkins and Woods would be terrible this year with Tyrod and would have cost them millions of dollars each if they stayed in Buffalo this year. Good for them for having a fantastic coach and a real QB talent to give them the opportunity to be successful. It's certainly a combination of an up and coming coach and a QB that will continue to improve their NFL status.