Friendly reminder: Turnover differential is King

BADOLBILZ

13 of the 15 teams that are "in the hunt" going into the last week of the season are in the top 15 in turnover differential.

It remains the most broadly accurate statistic with regard to wins and losses.

They've been good at takeaways(tied for 8th with Seattle) and a 6th in turnover differential..............but remove Nate's 5 pic half and the Bills would be #2 in the NFL behind KC with only 11 total giveaways(KC only has 9).

This differential is the only reason Bills fans have a potentially meaningful game to watch and the person most individually responsible for that is your QB.:thumbsup: (:devil:)

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

the most difficult reality of this is that we have had an issue in the last 4 weeks creating turnovers.  our schemes have not been creating them.

but thanks, badol, this is a good tidbit.  i am accussed of being a taylor lover but i am not.  i am a dennison hater.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

13 of the 15 teams that are "in the hunt" going into the last week of the season are in the top 15 in turnover differential.

It remains the most broadly accurate statistic with regard to wins and losses.

They've been good at takeaways(tied for 8th with Seattle) and a 6th in turnover differential..............but remove Nate's 5 pic half and the Bills would be #2 in the NFL behind KC with only 11 total giveaways(KC only has 9).

This differential is the only reason Bills fans have a potentially meaningful game to watch and the person most individually responsible for that is your QB.:thumbsup: (:devil:)

McD acquired White, Hyde and Poyer as starters, who have 13 picks between them.

Go McD!

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

the most difficult reality of this is that we have had an issue in the last 4 weeks creating turnovers.  our schemes have not been creating them.

but thanks, badol, this is a good tidbit.  i am accussed of being a taylor lover but i am not.  i am a dennison hater.

It's been a magic act getting turnovers without a DL that wins matchups and gets to the qb

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

It's been a magic act getting turnovers without a DL that wins matchups and gets to the qb

Very true.   The pass rush is garbage.

The key to the defensive turnovers has been making opposing offenses go a long way to score........more plays = more chances for opposing offenses to make a mistake.    

The Bills defense has been very poor in terms of yardage allowed.........but the offense is surprisingly effective on third downs and consistently forces teams to start deep on their own side of the field.

Wouldn’t scoring tds help the cause ? 

Or is being 25th in tds worth it as long as the ints don’t happen ? 

25 teams don’t make the playoffs, this ain’t hockey or basketball.    Seems like a fail still.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

it really has.  and anyone who saw kyle williams as a beast the last few years clearly never saw the impact dareus had.

it's amazing how watkins is amazing and all pro decoy out in california.

but, dareus was a tub of goo that didnt' contribute.

Also my question i dont really want to look it up is with our amazing TO differenctial what are 

Bills Points off TO?

Opp points off their TOs?

a TO doesnt help much if Our pop warner offense led by the Ultra Conservative blah QB cant get points does it?

perfect example 

Bills finish the game plus two in TO Diff

however their 3 TOs resulted jn 6 points 

opp has 1 pick resulted in 7. 

Does TO Diff mean something then?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Wouldn’t scoring tds help the cause ? 

Or is being 25th in tds worth it as long as the ints don’t happen ? 

25 teams don’t make the playoffs, this ain’t hockey or basketball.    Seems like a fail still.  

21 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Some fans only like to see that he doesn't throw INTs, they don't like to take into consideration that he also doesn't score TDs.  

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... easy there, boys. Let's stay focused on what's really important here. 

Listen, the Bills might be nearly 200 points behind the Rams in scoring, but they also have 3 LESS turnovers. Take away NOT-READY-NATE PICKERMAN'S 5 INTs and that's 8!

So what if the Patriots have scored 150 more points and have punted 25 less times than the Bills? Without the Natetorious I.N.T's 5 spot against the Chargers, the Bills would have 11 turnovers -- that is 1 less than Tommy & the Cheatahs!

Oh, and that doesn't even include Tyrod's rushing yards! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... easy there, boys. Let's stay focused on what's really important here. 

Listen, the Bills might be nearly 200 points behind the Rams in scoring, but they also have 3 LESS turnovers. Take away NOT-READY-NATE PICKERMAN'S 5 INTs and that's 8!

So what if the Patriots have scored 150 more points and have punted 25 less times than the Bills? Without the Natetorious I.N.T's 5 spot against the Chargers, the Bills would have 11 turnovers -- that is 1 less than Tommy & the Cheatahs!

People can spin it however they want you know this. And that is really all they have to hang their hat on with stat hack Taylor

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Haha...I can't wait to never hear another thing about Tyrod.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yet the last two years the Tyrod led offense was tops in the league in offensive TDs. 

I know, I know. That was ALL McCoys doing!?

Tyrod was responsible for 23 touchdowns last year.  The rest of the running game was responsible for 23 touchdowns.  Yeah I used to be a Tyrod defender too.  Got old when he couldn't even score more than 3 points in games, was too inaccurate in every game with his passes and took too many crucial sacks.  Watching every game more than once this year, wanted to claw my eyes out watching him and his inaccurate passes and poor vision.  I kept rewatching to see if he really was worth defending, he wasn't.  There came a point I just had enough with his trash play.  Need above average QB play to get to the super bowl.  I'm not interested in 8-8 and 9-7.  

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also my question i dont really want to look it up is with our amazing TO differenctial what are 

Bills Points off TO?

Opp points off their TOs?

a TO doesnt help much if Our pop warner offense led by the Ultra Conservative blah QB cant get points does it?

perfect example 

Bills finish the game plus two in TO Diff

however their 3 TOs resulted jn 6 points 

opp has 1 pick resulted in 7. 

Does TO Diff mean something then?

Yes, if you assume the opponent would’ve otherwise scored on at least some of those drives, but carry on...

So many HOT takes in response........very nice.:devil:

No......I'm not a big fan of not scoring TD's on offense..........when I told y'all trading Sammy meant Jauron Ball was our fate......I meant that.

And that's what we got.

Unfortunately for Dick Jauron........he didn't have Tyrod Taylor.

I'd have loved to have seen Anthony Lynn's offense with a healthy Sammy..........probably goes from top 7 in scoring to top 3.

And the thing is..........Tyrod STILL WOULDN"T HAVE TURNED THE BALL OVER.:thumbsup:

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I think Jauron ball was coming either way.

McDermotts mr. Conservative.

Get a lead and play offense to punt the ball while hoping the defense can hold has been the Bills game all year. 

Can we quarantine all the excuses ? 

Get them all out then shut that door on 1/1/18 ? 

We don’t need a 4th year of cot failure love.  

• Like (+1) 2

I love how fans get upset about McD's conservative play and defend Tyrod who conservatively doesn't throw the ball down the field so he won't turn the ball over.  Then, another one of my favorites is that the wide receivers aren't open but we have a receiver in Benjamin that is open at all times you just need to throw it up to him.  You can also rewatch the games like I do and watch players running around open.  I used to be a Tyrod defender until I rewatched and saw the light haha.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yes, if you assume the opponent would’ve otherwise scored on at least some of those drives, but carry on...

Didnt assume. It happened. 

What is our points off Turnovers. 

And yes the QB is directly responsible for that but carry on