OT: 1979 cult classic...The Warriors

RVJ

Anyone ever see that movie....Its a great flick. I have the tape on it's on my pc.

Anyway they are going to do a remake...due in 2006. It sounds like there going

to screw up the remake.

MTV Productions is producing a remake of The Warriors in conjunction with Paramount. Tony Scott is directing, and the movie is believed to have no guns with a focus on martial arts and street fighting. The movie is expected to be released in 2006. It won't be an actual "remake" of the 1979 film. Instead, it's going to be an updated version, probably set in the present day. From what I've heard they want to make a Matrix like Kung Fu movie and not a dedicated remake. So for all of you who were hoping that it would be set in 1979 NYC, sorry. The general theme and some of the names may stay intact but overall it's probably going to be completely different. Check out this link: http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/news/sep02/127.html. Keep up to date with all the developments here, and in the active remake forum (visited by the producer of the movie).

Here is the original.

http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/pictures/

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever see that movie....Its a great flick. I have the tape on it's on my pc.

Anyway they are going to do a remake...due in 2006. It sounds like there going

to screw up the remake. 

MTV Productions

Let the desecration begin: Aston Krusher, LL Kool J, DMX, Jessica Alba, Ben Affleck and Zach Braff star.

A CLASSIC! Got it on DVD!

"NOBODY MESSES WITH THE ORPHANS......!!!!!"

"CAN U DIG IT? CAN YOU DIGGGGGG IIIIIIITTTTTT"

I love the BaseBall Fluery Gang and the Rollerskate gang!

Then there is the Radio DJ woman with her classic quotes.. "Looks like the Baseball Flury struck out swinging....."

Wow, Im going to watch that this weekend!

It's a classic.

Tony Scott should study what John McTiernan did to Rollerball. I can't see this working. NYC in 1979 was a city that was very decayed and depressing. Might as well have the Olsen Twins come aboard for this new version. Kung Fu fight at Bungalow 8!

About the same time another gang movie was out called "The Wanderers". That had the guy who played "Meat" on Porky's. That has some funny gangs in it and was not a bad movie at all....

The Fongs (Kung Fu gang)

The Baldies

The Duckey Boys (about 20000 spaz'os)

The Wanderers

Funny movie!

I'm not sure if the song was released for the movie or not, but "In the City" by the Eagles is a great song featured at the end of the film.  Really fits it well.

267247[/snapback]

Yeah- when they are walking down the beach. Played by the DJ you never see (except for the lips). Good song used well.

Yeah- when they are walking down the beach. Played by the DJ you never see (except for the lips). Good song used well.

267251[/snapback]

It's such a great ending. The Rogues get what they deserve and then the scene you mention. That is just such a well done ending to a film.