Rodak: Bills Remain Confident in Zay Jones

26CornerBlitz

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Zay has definitely dropped too many passes, a number of which should have been catches for sure. 

But Tyrod really hasn't done him too many favors either. He's thrown quite a few balls Zay's way that really were not catchable passes, despite what some Tyrod apologists around here might say. 

As far as separation, i've seen Zay struggle at times. But I've also seen him get separation only to see Tyrod look his way and not pull the trigger, not look his way at all or just plain overthrow him. So it works both ways...

Overall, Zay's first year has been a disappointment. He deserves much of the blame, but there is also blame to go around and Tyrod deserves his share. 

71 Targets, 25 Catches

I don't think anyone can sit here and say it's been all Tyrod's fault or all Zay's fault.  Both have shared a blame in the disconnect that they've had this year.  Tyrod misses Zay when he's open sometimes and doesn't it throw it and Zay has had butterfingers at times.  Hoping with a new QB, this will be behind Zay.  He's had 399 receptions in college, he's talented.  The chemistry and connection between the Tyrod and him has been absent this year.  

Definitely not a good year for Zay, had troubles with catches and separation.   Hopefully his route running improves by a decent margin and he ends up being a good slot receiver.  As of right now, I don't see him being a successful #2.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

A good share of the difference in production between Kupp and Jones would seem to be the struggle that Tyrod had in finding any of his WRs compared with Jared Goff's blossoming into a prolific QB in his second year.

It helps when you have 3 good WRs and a 4th who is as electric as anybody in the NFL with the ball in space in Tayvon Austin...and McVay's scheme is really innovative...many times players are wide open by play design in and of itself rgardless of how good they are...

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

It helps when you have 3 good WRs and a 4th who is as electric as anybody in the NFL with the ball in space in Tayvon Austin...and McVay's scheme is really innovative...many times players are wide open by play design in and of itself rgardless of how good they are...

Not to mention Todd Gurley, who has been a monster this year both running and receiving.

Zay looks like a scrawny kid still. He needs a good offseason program to get him stronger to better handle the phsyicality of the NFL.

Rookie WRs tend to struggle so I won’t put a lot of stock into his rookie season. The drops have been concerning and hopefully it hasn’t gotten in his head.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

A good share of the difference in production between Kupp and Jones would seem to be the struggle that Tyrod had in finding any of his WRs compared with Jared Goff's blossoming into a prolific QB in his second year.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Ay my god.

Enough of this. Zay dropping balls and struggling to get speration is independent of Tyrod. 

and the truth lies somewhere in between these two posts.

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That is fine.  

any comments on the first link 

must fix for TT?

In the 15 games in which LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods and Charles Clay were all on the field, Taylor has a 64-percent completion rate, throwing for 3,362 yards for 26 touchdowns and just six interceptions. In the 14 games in which one of those players weren’t available, Taylor’s numbers sunk, as he completed just 61.2-percent of his passes for 2,697 yards, throwing only 11 touchdowns and six interceptions.

My comment would be that it seems like maybe he needs a decent receiver to throw to.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I'm sure TT would love a rookie like Kupp to throw to.  It's worked wonders for turning Goff's career around so far, no?

As for "finding WRs", both are completing 62% of their passes.